Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "$0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Rick Bates
Rick Bates
Charlestown, R.I. US
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,171
Posts52,874
Members960
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,929
Tom 3,960
chestnutmare 3,060
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,805
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 19
Pilgrim 15
Recent Posts
Is man required to "choose" in order to be saved?
by godrulez. Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:18 AM
God's Providence In Christ's Burial ~ John MacArthur
by Rick Bates. Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:06 PM
The Flaming Sword of Justice ~ Octavious Winslow
by Rick Bates. Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:33 PM
Police Raid Church Service
by Tom. Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:17 PM
Covid Protocols and the Church
by Tom. Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:49 PM
a MUST read
by Pilgrim. Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:45 AM
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:06 PM God's Providence In Christ's Burial ~ John MacArthur [by Rick Bates]

This message was preached on April 4, 2021.

https://youtu.be/EFhUra7fR5w
0 23 Read More
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:33 PM The Flaming Sword of Justice ~ Octavious Winslow [by Rick Bates]

THE FLAMING SWORD OF JUSTICE QUENCHED IN THE HOLY, LOVING BOSOM OF JESUS!

The most significant and appalling demonstration of God's holiness that the universe ever beheld, infinitely distancing and transcending every other, is the sufferings and death of His only and beloved Son! The cross of Calvary exhibits God's hatred and punishment of sin in a way and to an extent which the annihilation of millions of worlds, swept from the face of the universe by the broom of His wrath, could never have done! "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree."

Behold the most awful display of God's hatred of sin! Finding the sins of the Church upon Christ as its Surety, Substitute, and Savior, the wrath of God was poured out upon Him without measure! God finding the sins of His people laid upon His Son, emptied upon His holy soul all the vials of His wrath due to their transgressions! Go, my soul, to Calvary, and learn how holy God is, and what a monstrous thing sin is, and how imperiously, solemnly, and holily bound Jehovah is to punish it, either in the person of the sinner, or in the person of a Surety. Never was the Son of God dearer to the Father than at the very moment that the sword of divine justice, flaming and flashing, pierced to its hilt His holy heart!

But it was the wrath of God, not against His beloved Son, but against the sins which met on Him when presenting Himself on the cross as the substitutionary sacrifice and offering for His Church—He gave Himself for us. What a new conception must angels have formed of the exceeding sinfulness of sin, when they beheld the flaming sword of justice quenched in the holy, loving bosom of Jesus! And in what a dazzling light does this fact place the marvelous love of God to sinners! Man's sin and God's love; the indescribable enormity of the one, and the immeasurable greatness of the other; are exhibited in the cross of Christ as nowhere else. Oh, to learn experimentally these two great facts—sin's infinite hatefulness, and love's infinite holiness! The love of God in giving His Son to die; the love of Christ in dying; the essential turpitude and unmitigated enormity of sin, which demanded a sacrifice so Divine, so holy, and so precious!
0 19 Read More
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:45 AM a MUST read [by Pilgrim]
Clicky here: Three 'Hard Truths' That Must Be Declared to the Church In Our Time

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who sees what is happening within the visible church and has the courage to speak about it. grin:
0 53 Read More
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:26 AM Are You Longing for Christ's Return? [by Pilgrim]
An individual is profited from the Scriptures when they cause him to long for the return of Christ. Love can be satisfied with nothing short of a sight of its object. True, even now we behold Christ by faith, yet it is "through a glass, darkly." But at His coming we shall behold Him "face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12). Then will be fulfilled His own words, "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am: that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world" (John 17:24). Only this will fully meet the longings of His heart, and only this will meet the longings of those redeemed by Him. Only then will He "see of the travail of His soul, and be satisfied" (Isaiah 53:11); and "As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness" (Psalm 17:15).

At the return of Christ we shall be done with sin for ever. The elect are predestined to be conformed to the image of God's Son, and that Divine purpose will be realized only when Christ receives His people unto Himself. "We shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is" (1 John 3:2). Never again will our communion with Him be broken, never again shall we groan and moan over our inward corruptions; never again shall we be harassed with unbelief. He will present His Church to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing" (Ephesians 5:27). For that hour we eagerly wait. For our Redeemer we lovingly look. The more we yearn for the coming One, the more we are trimming our lamps in earnest expectation of His coming, the more do we give evidence that we are profiting from our knowledge of the Word. - A.W. Pink
0 43 Read More
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 PM " Behold the Man " ~ Charles Spurgeon [by Rick Bates]

"Behold the Man!" John 19:5

If there is one place where our Lord Jesus most fully becomes the joy and comfort of His people--it is where He plunged deepest into the depths of woe!

Come, behold the Man in the garden of Gethsemane.
Behold His heart so brimming with love, that He cannot hold it in.
Behold the bloody sweat as it distills from every pore of His body and falls upon the ground.

Behold the Man upon the bloody tree.
Stand amazed as they drive the nails into His hands and feet.
Look up and see the sorrowful image of your suffering Lord.
Mark Him as the ruby drops stand on the thorn crown.
Behold the Man when all His bones are out of joint, and He is poured out like water and brought into the dust of death.
God has forsaken Him--and hell encompasses Him.

Behold and see--was there ever sorrow like His sorrow?

Gaze upon Him!

We have only to sit longer at the cruel cross--to be less troubled with our trials and woes.

We have but to see His sorrows--and we shall be ashamed to mention our sorrows.

We have but to gaze into His wounds--and heal our own.

If we would grow in grace--it must be by considering His humiliation and His sorrow.
If we would live holily--it must be by the contemplation of His sin-atoning death.
0 51 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 43 guests, and 136 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Daverogk, Dani, timothywhite, Andy, Pinoy Reformista
960 Registered Users
Shout Box
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
1,234,916 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.062s Queries: 5 (0.029s) Memory: 2.3385 MB (Peak: 2.6036 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2021-04-13 02:18:24 UTC