Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of $70 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Featured Member
Forum Stats
768 Members
30 Forums
5797 Topics
46883 Posts

Max Online: 41 @ Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:54 AM
Top Posters
Pilgrim 13235
J_Edwards 4843
Tom 3838
Wes 3553
chestnutmare 2419
CovenantInBlood 2375
MarieP 2311
RJ_ 2287
John_C 1864
gotribe 1767
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pilgrim 19
chestnutmare 8
Robin 8
Josh Shelton 7
Wayne@purpose 5
goldenoldie 4
TheExegete 2
Tom 2
Recent Posts
The Deep, Deep Love of Jesus
by Pilgrim
Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:57 PM
"The Hand of God" by Francis Schaeffer
by Pilgrim
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:16 AM
Covenant Theology
by Robin
Sunday, March 30, 2014 2:26 PM
1 Tim.2 & Women
by Tom
Friday, March 28, 2014 11:42 AM
I saw One hanging on a tree!
by chestnutmare
Friday, March 28, 2014 9:25 AM
Justification by Faith....."Alone?"
by goldenoldie
Monday, March 24, 2014 9:37 PM
Tuesday, April 8, 2014 4:57 AM Biblical faith by chestnutmare

Biblical faith will always produce a life characterized by love, holiness and good works. These works do not save us, but equally, the Epistle of James warns us against a faith which is empty and vain; that is, one that acknowledges the objective facts of God, Christ and salvation to be true but negates or neglects the other essential elements of trust and commitment. The demons believe in that sense, but they perish (James 2:19). Intellectual assent alone is empty, James argues. It does not save for it does not bring a person into union with the source of salvation. Where there is true union with Christ there will be a transformed life as evidence of that union; where there is mere intellectual assent divorced from true trust and commitment there may be orthodox belief, but no life of true holiness and love, for the heart has not been sanctified to God and regenerated.—William Webster

21 Views · 0 Comments
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:16 AM "The Hand of God" by Francis Schaeffer by Pilgrim

Quote:
One of the great hymns of the church is “Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah,” which begins like this:

Guide me, O thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but thou art mighty,
Hold me with thy powerful hand.

The phrase “hold me with thy powerful hand” has been a great comfort and blessing to God’s people down through the ages. But I would raise two questions about it: First, does the word hand used this way show primitivism in the Scripture? Does it demonstrate that the Bible is, after all, an ancient book which from an evolutionary perspective should be viewed as being old-fashioned in a very basic way? Second, is it just romanticism, merely a poetic expression that gives God’s people only emotional comfort?

Dr. Schaeffer brings to us the true biblical revelation of God, a God who is not only Spirit but a personal God who interacts with His creation by His divine providence. The author addresses the following sub-topics:
  1. God is Spirit
  2. The Hand of God Creates
  3. The Hand of God Preserves
  4. The Hand of God Chastises
  5. The Hand of God Cares for His People
  6. The Hand of God Provides Security
  7. The Hand of God Invites

To read this Article of the Month for April, go here: The Hand of God.

There is an additional link to this article HERE in the "Theology" section.

In His service and grace,

143 Views · 0 Comments
Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:26 PM Covenant Theology by TheExegete

I have been studying the covenants and paedobaptism... I have a very serious question, because I'm am very open to the Paedo baptist model, just need some help understanding a baptist objection I have...

If someone (let's assume it's the children of believers) is unregenerate, but under the federal headship of Christ, how is it that they are both under the Headship of Adam (being lost) and under the Headship of Christ (included by way of parents)?
Also, if someone is under both headships, then what is the nature of that relationship to the covenantal unregenerate with Jesus?

259 Views · 4 Comments
Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:49 PM 1 Tim.2 & Women by Tom

How would you respond to someone who started using 1 Tim.2 against a woman who participated in a blog such as this one?
The topic is homosexuality and the woman was rightly talking homosexuality being a sin. This person then tried to tell her that the Scripture passages should not be taken literal, because the context proves otherwise. He then tried to change the topic and said that if it was literal, then she shouldn't based on 1Tim. 2 be saying these things as a woman.

Understand, I don't think it is hard to prove that homosexuality is a sin and I think the person is using the tactic he did, because he is trying to divert attention away from the truth. I also think he might be a homosexual trying to justify himself.
However, I am wondering if I choose to defend her, how I can show that her participating in a discussion like that is not usurping authority over a man.
There have been a lot of women over the years on the Highway Forums, who have contributed to these forums and I have learned a lot from them. I doubt very much that their participating on these forums is in violation of 1 Tim. 2.
Thoughts?

Tom

281 Views · 3 Comments
Monday, March 24, 2014 11:09 AM On being cast down by chestnutmare

"As it is recorded that David, in the heat of battle, waxed faint, so may it be written of all the servants of the Lord. Fits of depression come over the most of us. Usually cheerful as we may be, we must at intervals be cast down. The strong are not always vigorous, the wise not always ready, the brave not always courageous, and the joyous not always happy. There maybe here and there men of iron, to whom wear and tear work no perceptible detriment, but surely the rust frets even these; and as for ordinary men, the Lord knows, and makes them to know, that they are but dust."—C.H. Spurgeon

Ps 42:5, 11 "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art though disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.…
11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art though disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Ps 43:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

86 Views · 1 Comments
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
dale, celine7, Hawkins, Tina, elhmiller
768 Registered Users
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30