Donations for the month of December

We have received a total of $40 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Featured Member
Forum Stats
883 Members
30 Forums
6268 Topics
48980 Posts

Max Online: 72 @ Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:03 PM
Top Posters
Pilgrim 13797
J_Edwards 4843
Tom 4239
Wes 3553
chestnutmare 2752
CovenantInBlood 2375
MarieP 2311
RJ_ 2288
John_C 2041
gotribe 1780
Top Posters (30 Days)
Tom 19
Pilgrim 16
chestnutmare 10
AJ Castellitto 6
John_C 5
Relztrah 2
Robin 2
Mckinley 1
Meta4 1
Recent Posts
Ecclesiastical Text Debate
by Tom
Yesterday at 12:17 PM
How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever?
by chestnutmare
Yesterday at 09:29 AM
The LORD is good unto them that wait for him
by chestnutmare
Yesterday at 08:00 AM
What doctrine is most hated?
by chestnutmare
Yesterday at 07:17 AM
"Give Yourself Wholly to Them" by J.C. Ryle
by Pilgrim
Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:37 AM
James White Debate
by Tom
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:12 PM
Yesterday at 12:17 PM Ecclesiastical Text Debate by Tom

Recently I watched a part of an on going debate on the Ecclesiastical text between James White and Pastor Truelove.
I found a lot of it to be a little over my head, however it would seem that James White believes that things like a long ending in Mark should not be part of the canon of Scripture.
White seems to advocate the Alexandrian text and Pastor Truelove advocates the Byzantine text.
Dr. White says what pastor Truelove is advocating is actually very dangerous.
Near the end, if I understood the video properly, Dr. White starting using his credentials card, to which Pastor Lovejoy (I believe rightly, said it is wrong to use the credentials card because to respond directly to those comment it would be a "peeing contest" and that is not the way Godly men debate.
As I was thinking about this, the question came to mind.
"Does this really matter? Does it change the way Reformed Christians view the Scriptures? Both Truelove and White are Reformed in their theology.
Another thing that really stood out in the approach both took.
Truelove said the whole issue comes down to our presuppositions on how we approach the matter. Adding that debating White is like debating an atheist who will not admit he has his own presuppositions.
White countered that when you consider the facts, it is not just our Presuppositions that determine the matter.
I was a little surprised at White's answer, given that he is a Presuppositionist.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1z47lDalpH4

I would be interested in getting some discussion on this debate.

Tom

0 Views · 0 Comments
Friday, December 2, 2016 7:54 AM What doctrine is most hated? by Pilgrim

Of all the doctrines of biblical Christianity, aka: historic Calvinism do you think is most hated? And, what is your reason for your choice? scratchchin

119 Views · 12 Comments
Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:37 AM "Give Yourself Wholly to Them" by J.C. Ryle by Pilgrim

This month's article is the 3rd installment of J.C. Ryle's Warning to the Churches which is an exposition and application of 1Tim 4:15.

Quote:
There are those, of whom their congregations have said, that when they were in the pulpit—they were so good, that never wished them to come out; and when they went out of the pulpit—they were so bad, they never wished them to go in! May God give us all grace to take that to heart! May we seek so to live, so to preach, so to work, so to give ourselves wholly to the business of our calling, that this bitter remark may never be made about us.

Although Ryle is addressing men who are given to the pastoring of churches, much of what he writes is also applicable to everyone who professes to be a believer in the Lord Christ. It is often said that ministers/pastors/elders are to be held to a higher standard. But, is this actually possible? For our God requires of all, without exception, believer and unbeliever, to be perfect, holy as He is perfect and holy. But in the administration of the offices of the church some unique things are also required of those men who are to be an example to those among whom they labor.

May the Spirit use this article to conform us all more and more into the image of Christ in our pilgrimage on this earth.

You can read this month's article now by clicking here: Give Yourself Wholly to Them.

Or, for later reading, you can find this article and all past articles by clicking on the "Article of the Month" logo on The Highway homepage.

In His service and grace,

32 Views · 0 Comments
Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:53 PM James White Debate by Tom

I watched the following debate and thought it was worth posting here.
White does a really good job in my opinion upholding God's sovereignty. I saw the same atheist White debated against an Arminian apologist. Where the Arminian used a free-will argument and the atheist clearly used it to his advantage.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a4oNDSg_g-8

Tom

140 Views · 5 Comments
Sunday, November 27, 2016 5:57 PM TULIP by Tom

I realize that TULIP actually was formed as doctrinal system at Dort in 1618-1619. However, some claim (and I believe falsely) that Calvin himself would not embrace TULIP.
In the past I believe this subject has been discussed on the Highway; but I am not sure where to find it.
Can I either get directed to where it was discussed; or give me your thoughts on the matter?
Thanks
Tom

86 Views · 1 Comments
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Pilgrimer, Jaskaa, Seema, India14Love@, paul42
883 Registered Users
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31