Donations for the month of January

We have received a total of $120 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,586
Posts50,925
Members922
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,351
Tom 3,371
chestnutmare 2,895
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,750
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,057
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 46
Pilgrim 38
Kaylin 2
John_C 2
Meta4 1
Recent Posts
Theotokos
by Tom. Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 AM
Jesus vs Paul and the Church
by Pilgrim. Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:09 AM
John the Baptist
by Meta4. Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:53 PM
Paul on a Young Earth
by Pilgrim. Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:23 PM
Oregon Baker's ordered to pay 135k
by Anthony C.. Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 PM
Contemplative Spirituality and Theistic Evolution
by Tom. Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Theology Discussion Forum
42 minutes ago
My understanding is the same as yours. Yet, I do not have a problem with the term itself if it is qualified. It was pretty shocking to see just how much animosity there is even among Calvinists on the issue. It is lucky I wasn't a new believer who happened upon the issue. Sigh......
see more
19 Views · 2 Comments
5 hours ago
Yeh, the debate over 'theotokos' is ageless. It has been mentioned here on the board, even back 16 years ago. I tend to reject the language/phraseology of "mother of God" since it can easily be understood that Mary gave birth to God Himself, i.e., God didn't exist befo...
see more
19 Views · 2 Comments
11 hours ago
Theotokos: “God bearer” or sometimes “Mother of God” Recently I came upon quite a heated debate among Calvinists on the term theotokos. Some on both sides declared each other to be heretics. My understand is that when the term was originally used, all it really was saying is tha...
see more
19 Views · 2 Comments
Open Forum
Yesterday at 11:09 AM
1. I don't know where you got "hyper covenant theology" from? 2. In the article linked, there is a statement in the very beginning which states: "Most Christian views on the Old Covenant hold that the Old Testament has been superseded or abrogated and replaced wi...
see more
84 Views · 5 Comments
Open Forum
Yesterday at 06:23 AM
Pilgrim Like you I was not familiar with the term "hyper covenant theology" either. The following is what I was able to find. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-covenant_theology Tom...
see more
84 Views · 5 Comments
Open Forum
Yesterday at 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by KaylinThank you Pilgrim for your helpful reply. Would you say that at the heart of the opposing view is the heresy of "dual covenant theology" ? I'm not familiar with that particular term. We used to call it simply "hyper-Dispensationalism"...
see more
84 Views · 5 Comments
Open Forum
Yesterday at 01:35 AM
Thank you Pilgrim for your helpful reply. Would you say that at the heart of the opposing view is the heresy of "dual covenant theology" ?...
see more
84 Views · 5 Comments
Quotes
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 PM
The duty of the theologian is not to tickle the ear, but to confirm the conscience, by teaching what is true, certain, and useful." - John Calvin...
see more
16 Views · 0 Comments
Quotes
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:46 PM
We are not our own; therefore let us forget ourselves as much as possible, and all that is about us. We belong to the Lord; let us live and die to Him; let His will and wisdom preside in all our actions; let all the parts of our life be referred to Him as their unique goal. ~ Jo...
see more
13 Views · 0 Comments
Quotes
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 PM
Pride feeds off nearly anything: a fair measure of ability and wisdom, a single compliment, season of remarkable prosperity, a call to serve God in a position of prestige, even the honor of suffering for the truth! Puritan Richard Mayo said of pride: 'It is hard to starve this s...
see more
14 Views · 0 Comments
Open Forum
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:59 PM
1. This view which you have described, albeit briefly, smacks of a "hyper-Dispensationalist" view. I was exposed to this radical view about 40 years ago by an acquaintance who was studying at a school in Grand Rapids which taught this. He insisted that the majority of t...
see more
84 Views · 5 Comments
Quotes
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:05 PM
It is not by telling people about ourselves that we demonstrate our Christianity. Words are cheap. It is by costly, self-denying Christian practice that we show the reality of our faith. ~ Jonathan Edwards...
see more
12 Views · 0 Comments
Quotes
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:03 PM
Jonathan Edwards must be placed among the praying saints—one whom God mightily used through the instrumentality of prayer. As in the instance of the great New Englander, purity of heart should be ingrained in the very foundation areas of every man who is a true leader of his fell...
see more
12 Views · 0 Comments
Quotes
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 PM
Those who are in a state of salvation are to attribute it to sovereign grace alone, and to give all the praise to Him who maketh them to differ from others ~ Jonathan Edwards...
see more
7 Views · 0 Comments
Quotes
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:59 PM
O! one hour with God infinitely exceeds all the pleasures and delights of this lower world. ~ Jonathan Edwards, The Life and Diary of David Brainerd - Missionary to the Indians...
see more
7 Views · 0 Comments
Open Forum
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:26 AM
I had a brief conversation the other day with an evangelical Christian with some disturbing (to me) beliefs. I am looking for some sound apologetics to counter-address what I believe is distortion of sound Christian faith. In a nutshell, he stated that Jesus came for the Jews on...
see more
84 Views · 5 Comments
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:53 PM
“Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent tak...
see more
64 Views · 1 Comments
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:49 PM
Hi all, While having a discussion with my Dispensational friend about JtB, I mentioned that the last prophecy in the OT concerned him. He disagreed and said that Malachi 3 concerns JtB but not chapter 4. The best I can tell from my sources is that the first couple of verses in c...
see more
64 Views · 1 Comments
Open Forum
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 AM
Matthew 15:12-14 (ASV) "Then came the disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, when they heard this saying? But he answered and said, Every plant which my heavenly Father planted not, shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they are blind guid...
see more
947 Views · 26 Comments
Open Forum
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:38 PM
Pilgrim, you do have a great point about whether or not heretics like Enns is even worth dealing with. Unfortunately, he has had influence on a lot of people. I certainly wouldn't want to become guilty of making people aware of him; so they would think there is merit in what he i...
see more
947 Views · 26 Comments
Open Forum
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:40 PM
Heretics like Peter Enns are in many ways similar to the modern "Main Street Media", those infamous purveyors of Fake News......no, VERY Fake News. They both are looking for that "something new" which would bring them notoriety, first and foremost (cf. Acts 17...
see more
947 Views · 26 Comments
Open Forum
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:17 AM
I found the information from the person who talked about Paul being mistaken that I mentioned in my opening post. Unfortunately, I was mistaken concerning one thing. It had to do with a literal Adam and Eve. Dr. Peter Enns, stated that Paul believed in a literal Adam and Eve; but...
see more
947 Views · 26 Comments
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 25 guests, and 104 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SmallFry, drewk, patrice, Robert1962, Ron
922 Registered Users
Shout Box
January
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
686,034 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.036s Queries: 6 (0.002s) Memory: 2.1998 MB (Peak: 2.4061 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-01-19 17:29:15 UTC