Donations for the month of February

We have received a total of $100 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,605
Posts50,990
Members923
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,376
Tom 3,396
chestnutmare 2,902
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,750
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,059
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 22
Tom 20
Ruben 2
cathmg 1
Tina 1
Recent Posts
A study of the Heidelberg Catechism
by gotribe. Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:07 PM
Particular Baptists and the Nicene Creed
by Tom. Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 PM
Major update for the forum
by Ruben. Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:23 AM
Egalitarianism
by Pilgrim. Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:13 AM
Judge Abusing His Office
by Tom. Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:34 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Theology Discussion Forum
Yesterday at 12:46 AM
Thank you
Concerning number 3, I think you are correct. I do not think without more information you can really say more that that.

On number 4, when you said
I'm ambivalent on the whole matter.
I must say that I am becoming that way myself.
I have on my cell phone the KJV; so I do a lot of reading from that. At home I read three different versions. The KJV, the NKJV and the ESV, the later because that is what my pastor preaches from.

Tom
8 102 Read More
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:07 AM
Excellent! I look forward to participating.
5 389 Read More
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:17 PM
Thanks that is very helpful.

Tom
4 196 Read More
What's Happening on the Discussion Board!
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:23 AM
Okay we just updated the forum software to 7.6.1.1
1.The biggest change is the mystuff menu which has moved to the top right where your login appears.
You can select your name or if you have a pm message just select it to the left.
No longer is the mystuff menu.
2.Facebook "Share" has been added. This is in addition to "Like," which was already available.
3.New Styles added, "Ventura" and "Ventura Open." (Five variations are available: Burgundy, Cobalt, Pine, Ink, and Mint)
4.Posts will now display an "OP" next to the name of the "Original Poster." Customizable per style.
5.Every forum page has been updated to be Mobile Friendly
6.Drag-drop Attachment Manager (If you click on the image it will expand full size)
Plus for the MAC users a fix was added to allow
drag and drop.
7. Image preview in the Attachment Manager.
8. At the bottom right of every thread there is an arrow button which when clicked will take you to the TOP of the page.

Plus lots of back end stuff that was improved.

Enjoy and or provide feedback with issues or comments.
In The HELP forum here: https://the-highway.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/6/1/help-forum.html

And if you never did it in the last upgrade update your preferences... at least your timezone.
0 75 Read More
Open Forum
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Tom

I believe it can rightfully be said that where egalitarianism is allowed in the Church, they cease being a biblical Church.

1. Correct, it matters not whether a woman can do something better than a man. Nor, does it matter if someone benefits from what a woman does which a man is responsible to do. It wouldn't matter if the entire world would be at peace and prosperity would flourish everywhere, poverty would no longer exist, etc., etc., if it was due to women ruling the home, the church and government. God has commanded that males, men are to rule and have authority over women and children; instruct them in the way or holiness, protect them from harm and provide for them in love.

2. Correct, when a church permits a woman to serve in the office of deacon or elder, it has violated one of the cardinal and fundamental rules which God has established for the government of the Church. Some, like John Piper, and there are others of course, who redefine "deacon" to mean a position which is void of authority and thus women should be allowed to serve as deacons. However, as above, it doesn't matter if one redefines the term "deacon" in order to remove the authority aspect of the term. God has clearly revealed by the inspiration of the Spirit that MEN, males are to be deacons regardless of what responsibilities deacons have. Women are not allowed to be elders nor deacons in the Christian Church... period. Women are not to have any responsibility in leading worship in the Christian Church... period. Women are to have supportive roles and God's favor is upon them when they do and their work is in accord with biblical truth and done with joy and love for Christ.

That's my view and I'm stickin' with it!! [Linked Image]
3 197 Read More
Open Forum
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:34 PM
I was just made aware of a broadcast about a minister that was just handed a 30 day suspended sentence. For offending people at Planned Parenthood.
If you listen to this broadcast you will notice the judge actually say that calling someone a sinner is the same or worse than calling them an obsenity.
The 30 day suspended sentence will be served if the minister goes near any Planned Parenthood in the USA.
https://apologiastudios.com/shows/1/episodes/512

Tom
0 71 Read More
Open Forum
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 AM
Hi Pilgrim
Just thought I would let you know, my pastor’s sermon today had a lot of the same advice you gave me in your response.
Normally my pastor does expositional sermons. However, between him and another elder because they felt a need for the Church to hear a more topical subject, in a series they have been covering the subject of ‘Church Government.’
Today’s subject was ‘Church Discipline’ and the main text was Matt. 18:15-20. The reason why I am sharing you this, is not to get into the details of what he preached. Rather, I am always amazed at how many times God brings things up like this; that have a lot to do with something I am going through.
God is great!
Tom
5 298 Read More
HELP Forum
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 PM
This should be resolved now to some extent.
6 8,727 Read More
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:04 AM
No charge!

[Linked Image]
5 234 Read More
What's New on The Highway website?
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 AM
And now let us come to marriage which is not a thing ordained by men. We know that God is the author of it and that it is solemnized in His name. The Scripture says that it is a holy covenant, and therefore it calls it divine. Now then, if a wife be cross-grained, and cannot find in her heart to bear the yoke, although she does wrong to her husband, yet God is still more outraged. And why? Because it is His will that that bond should be inviolable, and behold a mortal creature who is determined to break it and pluck it asunder! We see then that in so doing she sets herself against the majesty of God. On the other hand, when a man will insist on lording it after his own liking and fancy, despising his wife, or using her cruelly and tyrannically, he shows that he despises God and defies Him openly. For he ought to know for what purpose he was created, what the state of marriage is, and what law God has set in it. What therefore St. Paul calls us to is that in all states we should have regard to God. For so long as our eyes rest on them with whom we have to do, it is certain that we shall always find enough excuses, and too many, to exempt ourselves from all law.

The Article of the Month for this month of February, 2018 is the seventh sermon John Calvin preached on the fifth chapter of Ephesians 5 and the thirty-ninth sermon he preached on the book of Ephesians. John Calvin was an amazing man and especially an incredible servant of God and pastor to those whom he was given responsibility to guard and guide in the faith.

In this sermon Calvin stresses the sanctity of marriage, i.e., the joining of one man to one woman in holy matrimony that henceforth they shall live as one and not be separated except for specific and extreme reasons. This is a very practical sermon on that bond which is formed between husband and wife and how each is to "endure" each other, if I may use that term to describe the not-so-happy situations which can and typically do arise between those who have chosen to live together as one before God. You may even find yourself smiling or even laughing at some of Calvin's descriptions of a not-so-perfect mate; one or both of the parties of that relationship which can be found... perhaps in every relationship from time to time. Briefly put, this is a sermon which is more than relevant to those who are contemplating marriage as much as it is to those who are married. It is strong counsel firmly built upon God's inspired Word which sets forth what He expects from husbands and from wives in marriage. Prepare yourself, therefore, for a straight up ride that gets bumpy at times but which never veers off the path of truth.

You can read this month's article by going here: On Ephesians 5:22-26 by John Calvin.

OR

You can also find this sermon in the "Notable Sermons" section of The Highway under John Calvin's name which you can access directly here: Ephesians 5:22-26 by John Calvin

In His service and grace,
0 117 Read More
Quotes
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:21 PM
Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite” (Ps. 147:5). God not only knows whatsoever has happened in the past in every part of His vast domains, and He is not only thoroughly acquainted with everything that is now transpiring throughout the entire universe, but He is also perfectly cognizant of every event, from the least to the greatest, that ever will happen in the ages to come. God’s knowledge of the future is as complete as is His knowledge of the past and the present, and that, because the future depends entirely upon Himself. Were it in anywise possible for something to occur apart from either the direct agency or permission of God, then that something would be independent of Him, and He would at once cease to be Supreme.
~ A. Pink
0 91 Read More
Open Forum
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 PM
I don't know what the issue is? scratchchin Are there some who are arguing that the RPW allegedly doesn't allow the taking of offerings during the worship service? When I read the accounts of the OT sarcedotal system, everyone brought their offerings to the tabernacle or temple (cf. Num 10:32-39; 18:26 This is also seen in the NT in various recorded accounts. Most of the offerings went to sustain the Priests since their duties prohibited them from growing their own food. The principle of giving tithes and offerings, not the specific regulations of, are carried over into the NT (cf. Rom 12.13; 2Cor 8:3-5,7,12,13; 9:11,12; 1Tim 6:17,18; Heb 6:10; 1Pet 4:10).

Now, as to the matter of the collection of the saint's gifts/offerings, it doesn't appear that a special day or time has been mandated in Scripture. To me, it is one of those "incidentals", such as the time the members of a church have agreed to meet for worship on Sunday, or where the sermon is to be preached in the worship service, etc. Certainly the receiving of gifts/tithes/offerings is what God has ordered and the giving of such as obedience and praise to God Who is the giver of all good things in abundance is not contrary to worship. Methinks each individual church has the liberty to collect gifts/tithes/offerings during the worship service, after the worship service, on a designated day (I don't know how that would work out?), or whatever they choose.
1 188 Read More
Open Forum
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tom
I will say a bit more concerning Dr. Peter Jones and his DVD series.
What we are seeing in our society is basically 'Polytheism' and all its trappings such as the death of the Christian God, and the sexual revolution where the terms heterosexuality is not a legit term. Omnisexuality is a term that will be accepted and "Pedophilia" will be included in what is included as normal, just like Carl Jung predicted and promoted. Basically what we are now is closer to Hinduism, than it is to Christianity. I will also add that Christianity will be forced to accept this whether they like it or not.
I might add, that this new sexuality is a battering ram being used to transform the very center of society as we know it; on the belief that everybody wins with this new sexuality.
If you fight against this, you will be punished.

Roman 1:25-26 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:"

Tom

Hey Tom, I can't thank you enough. Jones has been quite a find for me... He needs to work on his own denomination, first and foremost. But I think he's great and just had a Q&A published with him at American Thinker site. Check it out and feel free to leave a Comment under the piece http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/01/is_paganism_on_the_rise.html
22 2,174 Read More
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:46 AM
In that phrase by A.A. Hodge, he is saying that Nestorius rejected the title, "mother of god" because in fact, according to Nestorius' belief, Mary gave birth to the human nature of Christ, i.e., the human nature of Christ originated from her own flesh albeit the egg that was fertilized was by the Holy Spirit and not any human male. Put another way, Nestorius rejected any idea that God originated from Mary and came into being when Jesus was born.

Interestingly enough many today are confused in understanding John 1:1, in particular, the identity of the "logos" (Word) who John says:

John 1:1-3 (ASV) "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made."

Again, many believe that the "Word" was Jesus, which is impossible, for Jesus of Nazareth was BORN of Mary in Nazareth, which John writes in v. 10 "And the "Logos" (Word) became flesh and dwelt among us..." The "Logos" (Word) in John 1:1 is GOD the Son the second person of the Trinity Who was joined with a human nature (incarnation) and was born of Mary. Not only is it illogical to say that the "Logos" (Word) was Jesus, making the incarnate Son of God eternal and divine, i.e., the Son of God always existed as the God-man having a human body, etc., but grammatically it is totally impossible. This can easily be seen by substituting the word "Jesus" for "the Word" in John 1:1 and also in John 1:10 and then it would read, "and Jesus became Jesus (flesh)" rolleyes2 In short, this view denies the historical Jesus who was born of Mary and who until that time didn't exist (cf. Gal 4:4).
10 1,068 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 131 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
robertolang, SmallFry, drewk, patrice, Robert1962
923 Registered Users
Shout Box
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Today's Birthdays
Curt
Popular Topics(Views)
702,187 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.037s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4518 MB (Peak: 2.6496 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-02-19 11:57:16 UTC