Donations for the month of Mayl

We have received a total of $0 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Meta4
Meta4
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,774
Posts51,723
Members934
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,588
Tom 3,625
chestnutmare 2,956
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,779
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 11
Meta4 2
Recent Posts
Sinless Perfectionism
by Pilgrim. Tue May 21, 2019 5:47 AM
Matthew 12:40
by rstrats. Sat May 18, 2019 11:34 AM
The Reformed Doctrine of Election
by Meta4. Fri May 10, 2019 9:10 PM
Disturbing Article
by chestnutmare. Fri May 10, 2019 7:10 AM
An Unpublished Essay on the Trinity by Jonathan Edwards
by Pilgrim. Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 AM
Roman Catholics and Orthodox Considered Christians?
by Pilgrim. Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:23 AM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Theology Discussion Forum
3 hours ago
grin [Linked Image]
3 62 Read More
Open Forum
Sat May 18, 2019 3:34 PM
Meta4,
re: "After more than five years, across four pages, you have consistently refused to answer questions put to you by others. Why would you feel you have the right to demand answers from others?

On page one I was asked 11 questions. I responded to each one.

On page two I was asked 5 questions. I responded to 2 on page two. The other 3 were touched on in replies on page one.

One page 3 I was asked 4 questions. I responded to each one.

One page 4 I was asked 1 question. I responded to it.

One page 5 I was asked 3 questions. I responded to each one.

One page 6 I was asked 1 question, i.e., "Why would you feel you have the right to demand answers from others?" I never demanded answers from anyone. I've asked them questions about their comments and have merely pointed out to those who haven't replied that they have questions directed to them.
76 108,908 Read More
Quotes
Thu May 16, 2019 10:06 AM
In regeneration nature is not ruined, but rectified. The convert is the same man, but new made. The faculties of his soul are not destroyed, but they are refined; the same violin, but newly tuned. Christ gave not the blind man new eyes, but a new sight to the old ones. Christ did not give Lazarus a new body, but enlivened his old body. So God in conversion doth not bestow a new understanding, but a new light to the old; not a new soul, but a new life to the old one.

~ George Swinnock
0 21 Read More
Quotes
Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 AM
There is a time appointed: when you shall be removed from this vale of tears, and be forever with the Lord. Think of it, and set your face boldly and firmly to go wherever duty calls. The man who has an amputation to suffer must not dwell on the operation but must pass in thought beyond, to the restoration of health, and the continuance of life. This, Christian, is the way to endure, and to be more than a conqueror. It is to reckon that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed. You may sow in tears, but you shall reap in joy. The road may be rough, but it will soon bring you home.

~ William Jay
0 18 Read More
Quotes
Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 AM
There may be several things which may help to make the life fair in the eyes of men; but nothing will make it amiable in the eyes of God, unless the heart be changed and renewed. All the medicines which can be applied, without the sanctifying work of the Spirit, though they may cover, they can never cure the corruption and diseases of the soul.

~ George Swinnock.
0 18 Read More
Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 AM
[Job 21:30 (NKJ)] “For the wicked are reserved for the day of doom; They shall be brought out on the day of wrath.”

[Prov. 16:4 (NKJ)] The Lord has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.

[Is. 45:9 (RSV/NASB)] “Woe to him who strives with his Maker, an earthen vessel with the potter! Will the clay say to him who fashions it, ‘What are you making?’ Or the thing you are making say, ‘He has no hands’?”
2 164 Read More
Open Forum
Fri May 10, 2019 11:10 AM
It is hideous Tom. Certainly, there are laws that are not to be obeyed. One has the right to not remain under such laws by disobedience to that bad law. i.e. Daniel?
1 179 Read More
What's New on The Highway website?
Wed May 01, 2019 10:57 AM
Nothing can more agree with the account the Scripture gives us of the Son of God, His being in the form, of God and His express and perfect image and representation: (II Cor. 4:4) “Lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ Who is the image of God should shine unto them.” (Phil. 2:6) “Who being in the form of God.” (Col. 1:15) “Who is the image of the invisible God.” (Heb. 1:3) “Who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person.”

This month we are privileged to peer into the mind, as it were, of one of the greatest theological minds to ever walk this earth; Jonathan Edwards. I suppose that statement could be considered to be a fore-warning to simply state what should be obvious to anyone who has had the pleasure of reading some of the writings of this godly scholar/preacher/Christian, that this article is not the typical modern "fluff", but rather a deep piece that requires the reader to think. grin The end, of course, is that the reader will be rewarded both intellectually and spiritually, if so the Spirit dwells in you.

Sooooooo, dig in and enjoy, doubtless the deepest and most complex biblical truths revealed... The Trinity.

You can find this essay on the Trinity here: An Unpublished Essay on the Trinity.

OR

You can always find this article and all past articles from years past by visiting The Highway website and clicking on the "Article of the Month logo.

In His service and grace,
0 241 Read More
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tom
Pilgrim
I didn't even know that was a view of the Larger/shorter catechism. Could this have something to do with the Federal Vision controversy?

You need have them provide the alleged sections in the Westminster LC & SC that teach,

They also believe that this is what both the Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechism teaches. They go onto say that they are disciples of Christ, they participate in the New Covenant, irrespective of saving faith, and even if they later claim atheism.

I can tell you assuredly, that neither document even hints at such a spurious view. Professing that God is triune; one God in three persons does NOT automatically make one a Christian, never mind a 'disciple of Christ'.
3 351 Read More
Quotes
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:32 PM
The Sovereignty of God is the stumbling block on which thousands fall and perish; and if we go contending with God about His sovereignty it will be our eternal ruin. It is absolutely necessary that we should submit to God as an absolute sovereign, and the sovereign of our souls; as one who may have mercy on whom He will have mercy and harden whom He will."
~Jonathan Edwards
0 78 Read More
Quotes
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:37 PM
Our thoughts are like blossoms on a tree in spring.

You see a tree in spring covered in blossom. But hundreds of the blossoms fall and come to nothing. Often when there is most blossom there is least fruit. But all fruit, good or bad, come from the blossom. So the mind is covered with thoughts like a tree with blossoms. Most of them come to nothing or end in foolishness. Sometimes when the mind is full of thoughts there is least fruit. The strength of the mind is wasted by fruitless thoughts. Nevertheless, all actions, good or bad, come from our thoughts. So our thoughts are the best and surest way of showing us what we are in ourselves.

"As a man thinks in his heart, so is he." Proverbs 23:7

~ John Owen.
0 79 Read More
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:47 PM
1. What is this person's "witness test" to determine someone has been regenerated by the Holy Spirit without the Word? Hundreds of thousands throughout the world claim to be Christians but who are still dead in sin and don't have a clue what the fruit of the Spirit is after regeneration, etc.

2. It makes no difference what someone's experience has allegedly been. God is the ONLY source of true truth and that truth has been recorded for us by divine inspiration through men moved by the Holy Spirit which God ordained for that very task. How does one repent of their sins and believe upon Christ of whom they have absolutely no knowledge? scratch1

3. Even in the infallible Word, God has acted upon and used various individuals to accomplish His will yet were never regenerated, e.g., Cyrus and even a donkey. But those examples are NOT to be understood as 'normative' nor 'prescriptive'. Christians are responsible to do what God has commanded by law, precept and/or principle. And it is abundantly clear that faith comes by hearing/reading the Word of God for it is the power of God unto salvation. The NT is rife with examples and propositional statements that those whom God has called to faith in the Lord Christ did so through the Gospel. There is no other way to be found in Scripture. So, who do you want to believe???... some individual who claims to have had a vision or some 'gut feeling' about God and consequently must be regarded as regenerate... Or, what God has revealed about salvation in His inspired, infallible and inerrant Word? scratchchin
4 418 Read More
Quotes
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:40 PM
The essence of man's sin, the sum of his moral depravity, is to love himself supremely; to seek himself finally and exclusively; to make self, in one shape or another, the center to which all his busy thoughts, anxious cares and diligent pursuits, constantly tend. Self-love is the most active and reigning principle in fallen nature! SELF is the great idol which mankind is naturally disposed to worship... "Love is not self-seeking" (1 Cor. 13:5).
~ John Angell James
0 90 Read More
Devotional
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:19 PM
The Resurrection Of The Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:1-10)

"So then, let us realize the unity that we have with our Lord Jesus Christ, that is, He is willing to have a common life with us, and that what He has may be ours, even that He wishes to dwell in us, not in imagination, but in fact; not in an earthly, but in a spiritual manner; and in any case, that He so works by the power of His Holy Spirit that we are united to Him more than are the members of a body. And just as the root of a tree sends its substance and its power through all the branches, so we draw substance and life from our Lord Jesus Christ. And that is also why St. Paul says that our Paschal Lamb has been crucified and sacrificed, so nothing more now remains but that we keep the feast and that we take part in the sacrifice. And as in old time in the Law when the sacrifice was offered they ate, now also we must come and take our meat and spiritual food in the sacrifice which has been offered for our redemption. It is true that we do not devour Jesus Christ in His flesh, he does not enter us under our teeth, as the papist have imagined, but we receive bread as a sure and infallible token that our Lord Jesus feeds us spiritually with His body; we receive a drop of wine to show that we are spiritually sustained by the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. But let us observe well what St. Paul adds, that just as under the figures of the Law it was not permitted to eat bread that was leavened and of which the dough was bitter, now that we are no longer under such shadows, we must put away the leaven of malice, of wickedness, and of all our corruptions, and have bread or cake (says he) which has no bitterness in it. And how? In purity and sincerity. When, then, we come to approach this Holy Table, by which the Son of God shows us that He is our meat, that He gives Himself to us as our full and entire nourishment, and He wishes that now we participate in the sacrifice which He has once for all offered for our salvation, we must see to it that we do not bring to it our corruptions and pollutions to be mixed with it but that we renounce them, and seek only to be fully purified, so that our Lord Jesus may own us as members of His body, and that by this means also we may be partakers of His life. That is how today we must make use of this Holy Supper which is prepared for us. That is, that it may lead us to the death and passion of our Lord Jesus Christ, and then to His resurrection, and that we may be so assured of life and salvation, as by the victory which He has obtained in rising from the dead righteousness is given to us, and the gate of paradise has been opened to us, so that we may boldly approach our God, and offer ourselves before Him, knowing that always He will receive us as His children."

~ John Calvin, ~Delivered Easter Day
0 143 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 33 guests, and 122 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BrandonL, AlexM, Ronald Bargebo, mottley, SnydersSoapbox
934 Registered Users
Shout Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
937,154 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.037s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4530 MB (Peak: 2.6555 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2019-05-21 12:50:03 UTC