Donations for the month of November

We have received a total of "$25" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Rick Bates
Rick Bates
Charlestown, R.I. US
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,102
Posts52,616
Members951
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,850
Tom 3,893
chestnutmare 3,042
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,803
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 14
Pilgrim 10
Recent Posts
An Accusation against Amil
by Tom. Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:06 PM
A Direct Threat to Christian Education
by Pilgrim. Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:51 AM
Dr. Jay Adams
by Tom. Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:53 PM
Education and the US Constution
by Tom. Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:23 PM
News Paper Article
by Tom. Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:18 PM
The Foundation of the Assurance of Faith - L. Berkhof
by Pilgrim. Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:50 AM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Theology Discussion Forum
12 hours ago
Have you ever read any individual who embraces Amillennialism cite Plato or some Gnostic? scratchchin In all my years, speaking strictly personally, I never have come across any such thing. What I have read is exposition of Scripture from those individuals. So again, accusations of borrowed Platonism or Gnosticism is a specious argument at best. The Bible and the Bible alone is the sole and final authority in all matters of faith (doctrine) and life. Let those who don't like Amillennialism present their view from sound hermeneutics and exegesis... else they are wasting our time. igiveup
5 72 Read More
Open Forum
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:51 AM
Why am I not surprised?!! 3stooges We here in the U.S. used to be rather shocked at the debauchery practiced in Canada and the open corruption of the government there. But, if things continue as they have in America over the past several decades, it might not be long before that is reversed and the U.S. could be referred to as Canada South. drop

Never forget that this is all God's doing; i.e., His eternal foreordination of all things... And that the people of America, Canada and the world are 100% responsible for their God-hating lives which flows out of their corruption of nature; aka: Total Depravity. The unspeakable thoughts they have, the wickedness of their affections, and the evil deeds they do are owned by them and them alone. And remember too Tom, that the visible church must also share in how things are going. It is judgment upon all. Peter wrote that this would happen, perhaps beginning in his own day.

1 Peter 4:17 (ASV) 17 For the time [is come] for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if [it begin] first at us, what [shall be] the end of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1 71 Read More
Open Forum
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:53 AM
I had the pleasure of taking a Nouthetic Course that my pastor hosted about 5 years ago.

Tom
2 170 Read More
Open Forum
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:23 PM
Pilgrim

Thankyou. That is close to my understanding; yet I did not want to say something I was not sure about.

It occurred to me that I probably know more about the US Constitution than I do the Canadian Constitution. Yet, I know both are being threatened.
Looking at the Canadian Constitution, it is very similar the US Constitution when it comes to the freedom of religion.

Tom
2 268 Read More
Open Forum
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:18 AM
Today, a friend of mine from work, sent me an article written in the Ottawa Citizen News Paper.
To be quite frank although I am not surprised by it, given all the news lately, especially having to do with the left.
Never the less, if it is true, it appears that at least in Canada, it probably will not be too long before we start to see persecution.
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/nati...-other-techniques-to-influence-canadians

Tom
0 161 Read More
What's New on The Highway website?
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:50 AM
IT WAS one of the great mistakes of the Pietism of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries that, in seeking the assurance of faith, or of salvation, it divorced itself too much from the Word of God. The basis of assurance was sought, not in the objective promises of the Gospel, but in the subjective experiences of believers. The knowledge of the experiences that were made the touch-stone of faith, was not gathered from the Word of God, but was obtained by an inductive study of the subjective states and affections of believers. In many cases these were not even put to the test of Scripture, so that the true was not always distinguished from the counterfeit. Moreover, there were unwarranted generalizations. Individual experiences and experiences of a very dubious character were often made normative, were set forth as the necessary marks of true faith. The result was that they who were concerned about the welfare of their soul turned attention to themselves rather than to the Word of God, and spent their life in morbid introspection.

This may seem to some.. many that such a thing has gone the way of the Dodo Bird. For the most part, this is probably true although there are still groups and denominations where this is painfully existent and strongly guarded. Unfortunately, for the great majority of the world's churches, the opposite error is in vogue; Easy Believism and a pitifully damning confession of faith, e.g., I love Jesus, I asked Jesus into my heart, I read the words on the back of a tract, etc., etc. But when one ponders these two critical errors, the remedy to them, which is exactly the same for every error or any and every kind is: "What does God's Word teach?"!!!

Thus, Louis Berkhof wrote years ago in regard to the issue and problem of true assurance that Scripture is the sole and final authority of faith and practice. I believe that he did a masterful job in dealing with this subject and sets forth the biblical teaching concerning of the assurance of faith. He reveals both the errors that are held and the wonderful truth that every believer has been given to them by God himself that they are unassailably secure in their faith through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Read this informative and uplifting article now by clicking here: The Foundation of the Assurance of Faith.

For later reading, visit The Highway website and click on the "Article of the Month" logo.

In His service and grace,
0 220 Read More
Open Forum
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:21 AM
Unfortunately I was not able to correct my error before you replied. Sorry!

Tom
4 687 Read More
Open Forum
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:13 PM
I thought some here might be interested in what is happening in 1689 Reformed Circles.

I am finding more and more, that there is a big difference between those who call themselves Calvinist Baptists and those who call themselves Reformed Baptists and those lines are becoming greater.

Watch the following video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsROYzaC_hE

Tom

0 202 Read More
Open Forum
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:56 PM
Steep, Craggy, and Beset With Foes!

(Newman Hall, 1816-1902)

There are many variations in the Christian's path. Sometimes it is smooth and flowery, with sunny slopes, and sylvan shades, and prospects which enter the soul with loveliness. There are seasons when no doubts perplex the spirit, and when our circumstances in life are in harmony with duty, so that the right path is an easy path.

But this is the exception,

Often the road is steep, craggy, and beset with foes! Sometimes it is a "Hill Difficulty" throughout, and Apollyon stretches himself across the way aiming his fiery darts at the pilgrim. Then some bypath attracts us by its pleasantness, while Satan whispers that a thorny and painful road, cannot be the true one.

But Jesus never promised to lead us only in smooth places. It is not necessary that we should always rejoice--but it is necessary that we always follow. Wherever He goes, rough or smooth--there we also must go.

"My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish--ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand!" John 10:27-28
0 193 Read More
Devotional
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:51 PM

Steep, Craggy, and Beset With Foes!

(Newman Hall, 1816-1902)

There are many variations in the Christian's path. Sometimes it is smooth and flowery, with sunny slopes, and sylvan shades, and prospects which enter the soul with loveliness. There are seasons when no doubts perplex the spirit, and when our circumstances in life are in harmony with duty, so that the right path is an easy path.

But this is the exception,

Often the road is steep, craggy, and beset with foes! Sometimes it is a "Hill Difficulty" throughout, and Apollyon stretches himself across the way aiming his fiery darts at the pilgrim. Then some bypath attracts us by its pleasantness, while Satan whispers that a thorny and painful road, cannot be the true one.

But Jesus never promised to lead us only in smooth places. It is not necessary that we should always rejoice--but it is necessary that we always follow. Wherever He goes, rough or smooth--there we also must go.

"My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish--ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand!" John 10:27-28
0 180 Read More
Open Forum
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:46 PM
1. Finding Trump "guilty" of what a RINO congress did or did not do is hardly a cogent nor fair charge. There were MANY things Trump wanted to accomplish but was unable to do because the RINO congress refused to pass the legislation or even come up with legislation. Most of what Trump has been able to do, and the list is extensive, was due to his executive orders or the shakey Senate getting behind him.

2. Re: "Roe vs Wade" was horribly wrong, which I have stated here on myriad occasions. The then SCOTUS legislated law rather than interpret the Constitution. Most judges refuse to overturn what their 'collegues' have done and set precedence. However, that court did leave open the door for further rulings since it said that it had not determined when life began. There are several individuals/groups who have hopes of presenting to the new SCOTUS a case on that very issue and that would be a good opportunity to at least change the current illegally created 'Roe vs Wade' decision. From what I have been able to determine, Trump fully supports those behind the petition.

3. Sounds like the typical rhetoric of the "Never Trumpers". In their estimation, there is absolutely NOTHING he could say or do that they would be commendable.

4. Trumps personal beliefs on abortion are not as conservative as mine or those of like mind. But he is most certainly not a defender of Planned Parenthood, nor does he want the government to fund that murderous group.

Just another example of when to simply ignore such people and walk away quietly leaving them to their own musings.
1 344 Read More
Devotional
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:52 PM
Pilgrim,
You make a great point in your reply. I find in my studying, there seems to be two camps that though they seek to make a clear delineation of the " truth ", one side seems to lean more towards a hard line explanation of God's word, while the other side leans more towards a more grace seasoned explanation of God's word. For example, you have mentioned that J.C. Philpot leans hard towards hypercalvinism, to which I agree, while I find men like Octavious Winslow, Thomas Boston, etc, lean more towards a grace seasoned message. When I feel despondent with guilt I read writings by more devotional and experiential preachers, which helps to refocus my standing in Christ. The section of scripture you quoted from Romans 8 is so encouraging. I read that John Owen had a major struggle with acceptance of God's forgiveness for quite a time. Martin Luther struggled the same way. Thank you for sharing a reply. " Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. " Jude 24, 25 ( ESV )
2 595 Read More
Open Forum
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:54 PM
Okay, so where is the PROOF in his tirade that supports a pre-trib rapture?????? scratch1 It doesn't make any difference whatsoever when this view originated. What matters is what Scripture says. All the hermeneutical gymnastics in the world can't make a case for the pre-trib pre-mil view. Even on The Highway, in the eschatology section of "Calvinism and the Reformed Faith", there are more than ample arguments which destroy classic Dispensationalism.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with this person on this subject. igiveup
1 330 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Tom), 62 guests, and 57 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
tomatoetom, tulsaep, PaulOR, godrulez, Wood
951 Registered Users
Shout Box
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
1,165,742 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.038s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4497 MB (Peak: 2.6449 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2020-11-24 14:58:16 UTC