Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of $182 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,621
Posts51,094
Members925
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,413
Tom 3,428
chestnutmare 2,911
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,754
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 19
Tom 10
cathmg 5
John_C 3
Tina 3
Kaylin 1
Recent Posts
A study of the Heidelberg Catechism
by chestnutmare. Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:05 AM
What exactly is a confessional church
by Pilgrim. Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:50 AM
California State Assembly Bill 2943
by Tom. Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:54 AM
Dispensationalism
by Tom. Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 PM
James White Article
by Pilgrim. Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:10 PM
Importance of dating the destruction of the Temple
by Pilgrim. Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:13 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Theology Discussion Forum
Yesterday at 10:05 AM
Question 2. How many things are necessary for thee to know, that thou, enjoying this comfort, mayest live and die happy?

Answer. Three; the first, how great my sins and miseries are; the second, how I may be delivered from all my sins and miseries; the third, how I shall express my gratitude to God for such deliverance.
21 4,378 Read More
Open Forum
Yesterday at 09:50 AM
Yes, one could say there were 2 main reasons the confessions were written:

1. To guard the church from error, both from without and from within. [NOTE: most heresy originates from within the church and by professors/teachers/pastors/elders].

2. To instruct members of the church in the truth of Scripture.

The Westminster Confession, for example, points from itself and even the visible church to the Bible as its sole and final authority:

CHAPTER I
"OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURE"

I. Although the light of nature, and the works of creation and providence do so far manifest the goodness, wisdom, and power of God, as to leave men unexcusable;[1] yet are they not sufficient to give that knowledge of God, and of His will, which is necessary unto salvation.[2] Therefore it pleased the Lord, at sundry times, and in divers manners, to reveal Himself, and to declare that His will unto His Church;[3] and afterwards for the better preserving and propagating of the truth, and for the more sure establishment and comfort of the Church against the corruption of the flesh, and the malice of Satan and of the world, to commit the same wholly unto writing;[4] which makes the Holy Scripture to be most necessary;[5] those former ways of God's revealing His will unto His people being now ceased.[6]

IV. The authority of the Holy Scripture, for which it ought to be believed, and obeyed, depends not upon the testimony of any man, or Church; but wholly upon God (who is truth itself) the author thereof: and therefore it is to be received, because it is the Word of God.[9]

V. We may be moved and induced by the testimony of the Church to an high and reverent esteem of the Holy Scripture.[10] And the heavenliness of the matter, the efficacy of the doctrine, the majesty of the style, the consent of all the parts, the scope of the whole (which is, to give all glory to God), the full discovery it makes of the only way of man's salvation, the many other incomparable excellencies, and the entire perfection thereof, are arguments whereby it does abundantly evidence itself to be the Word of God: yet notwithstanding, our full persuasion and assurance of the infallible truth and divine authority thereof, is from the inward work of the Holy Spirit bearing witness by and with the Word in our hearts.[11]

X. The supreme judge by which all controversies of religion are to be determined, and all decrees of councils, opinions of ancient writers, doctrines of men, and private spirits, are to be examined, and in whose sentence we are to rest, can be no other but the Holy Spirit speaking in the Scripture.[24]
5 155 Read More
Open Forum
Yesterday at 04:54 AM
California State Assembly Bill 2943 would make it illegal for “gay conversion therapy”.
This Bill according to many will eventually make it so the Bible itself will be illegal in California; because it is opposed to homosexuality.
I am not really a fan of Snopes, but I am using it because it seems to represent the Left quite well and they say this accusation is false for the following reasons.
The legislation was introduced in February 2018 by San Jose-based Democrat Evan Low, enhances California’s already-existing prohibition on “sexual orientation change efforts” (SOCE), commonly known as “gay conversion therapy.” In 2012, the California Assembly passed Senate Bill 1172, which banned mental health professionals from performing SOCE on children under the age of 18. The law defines SOCE as: “any practices by mental health providers that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation. This includes efforts to change behaviors or gender expressions, or to eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same sex.” https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/california-bible-ban/

As I look at what they are saying concerning this accusation being false. Their own writing on the so called facts, if I am not mistaken could be taken as a ban on the Bible itself. Although they mention
”mental health professionals”
; would this not include Christians who are trained in Biblical Counselling? The Bible is very clear concerning homosexuality and it is the job of any true Biblical Counsellor to represent the Bible properly; knowing that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation…Romans 1:16.
Would it not be logical then to conclude, that Snopes claiming the accusation is false, to be wrong?

Tom
0 26 Read More
Theology Discussion Forum
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:55 AM
Pilgrim
Shhhhhh, a Dispi might see your post lol .
I have always wondered why those who do not believe in the Amii position, do not use the fact that the Roman Catholic Church believes in the Amil position against us A-mils.
I know some Dispi's that do not even believe in the Apostles Creed, because in their words it is a "Roman Catholic document." They even question the fact that the Protestant Reformation was effected by the writings of Roman Catholic Augustine. They say Augustine was a heretic.

Tom
7 253 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 21 guests, and 112 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dutch Michael, Ray, robertolang, SmallFry, drewk
925 Registered Users
Shout Box
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
737,051 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.036s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.3933 MB (Peak: 2.6002 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-04-24 20:58:11 UTC