Greetings Susan,

I don't follow your logic. If not directly found in Scripture, the doctrine in question must be discerned by the teaching of the Holy Spirit or answered directly by God as a result of the petitioner's faith.

Convince me that Calvin received his doctrine by discernment taught by the Holy Spirit or prove to me he received it directly from God as Paul had to do with the disciples who walked with Christ, i.e. Peter, John, etc.

Let's compare what Calvin wrote to what Scripture says. If it doesn't entirely hold up, there's a problem with claiming ALL the writings of John Calvin can be used as doctrine within the Church.

I'm saying: Some of what John Calvin wrote was true. Some of what Martin Luther wrote was true. Some of the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church are true and some of the teaching of the Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church are true. Some of what Arminius taught was true. Some of the teaching of John Wesley and George Whitefield are true. Please notice I'm purposedly leaving out the name of Cyrus Scofield for God does not change! The point is that none of the various Christian Churches teach ENTIRELY correct doctrine.

When you point out the speck in your brother's eye, did you first remove the log that is within your own eye, so you could see more clearly?

In criticizing the doctrine of your brother, did you make absolutely sure your doctrine was absolutely correct first? If you did not, you need to repent your sin for you have not followed Jesus' words.