<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"]That being the case, I have to trust in my government leaders that they are being truthful and have a compelling reason to believe that Iraq intended to use their weapons of mass destruction against our own citizens.</font><hr></blockquote><p>This I believe is the most salient point of the contention that exists between those who support the military action and those who don't. As Joe, I and others have tried to point out several times, we are not privy to the actual information which President Bush and those responsible for the welfare of this country and indeed the world, IMHO, have; and should not have. It has been publicly stated that the U.S. government DOES, in fact, have such knowledge, and upon that information they have chosen to act accordingly. When this is all over, it will become clear whether or not that information was true, false or fabricated to serve an evil intent. Although I have little confidence that any politician speaks truthfully in the majority of cases, given the seriousness of the present situation, Bush and the entire government would have to be very foolish indeed to put forth lies in order to serve a contrary agenda. If one would posit that Bush is solely concerned for his own political future, surely his decision to invade Iraq would be idiotic and contrary to that end. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/rolleyes.gif" alt="rolleyes" title="rolleyes[/img]<br><br>In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]