As the years pass I am becoming increasingly distressed with the manner by which men explain the doctrine of Divine Election. In introducing the subject to many friends and ministers, I have discovered that some simply do not want to talk about it. It has caused them difficulty in the past, possibly because some contrary learner stirred up strife when the idea was being openly and honestly discussed. The minister then felt it was not worth going through the same frustration again to get at this truth. “Why upset a congregation with it, especially since they need the more basic truths anyway?”

Kenneth Johns has written, which in my estimation, one of the finest little books on the subject of "Election" ever written for the common man. No, it is not a technical theological treatise on this subject, but it does accomplish what it was intended for; a thorough explanation and defense of this biblical doctrine for the typical person one might meet, whether a church-goer or an unbeliever. It is also a call to ministers to be faithful in their preaching and not minimize or ignore this most important doctrine.

I am not sure if this book is still in print, but if you are fortunate enough to find a copy, my advice is to grab it, sit down and read it through.

You can read this article here: Election: Love Before Time.

Or for later reading, go to the Highway homepage and click on the "Predestination" link.

In His service and grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]