By the Blood said:
Do you not know that this is what the Holy Spirit is meant to do? It is part of what He does as Comforter. It is one thing to recognize that Benny Hinn et. al. are frauds, it is quite another to quench the operations of the Spirit.

The very second that you say "God speaks to me" even if it is only to say "He told me He loves me" you are on Benny Hinn's wicked road. Our mental institutions are full of those who "Hear God" speaking to them. To quench the Spirit is to believe He teaches or speaks independently or outside and separated from the Scripture.

As Calvin says in the Institutes:

In this way Christ explained to the two disciples, (Luke 24: 27,) not that they were to reject the Scriptures and trust to their own wisdom, but that they were to understand the Scriptures. In like manner, when Paul says to the Thessalonians, "Quench not the Spirit," he does not carry them aloft to empty speculation apart from the word; he immediately adds, "Despise not prophesying," (1 Thess. 5: 19, 20.) By this, doubtless, he intimates that the light of the Spirit is quenched the moment prophesying fall into contempt. How is this answered by those swelling enthusiasts, in whose idea the only true illumination consists, in carelessly laying aside, and bidding adieu to the Word of God, while, with no less confidence than folly, they fasten upon any dreaming notion which may have casually sprung up in their minds? Surely a very different sobriety becomes the children of God. As they feel that without the Spirit of God they are utterly devoid of the light of truth, so they are not ignorant that the word is the instrument by which the illumination of the Spirit is dispensed. They know of no other Spirit than the one who dwelt and spake in the apostles--the Spirit by whose oracles they are daily invited to the hearing of the word

By the Blood said:
....may be of use to you in learning about how the Spirit works in personal, private revelation of assurance.

It is not Kyle that needs learn how the Spirit works, but you.

Denny

Romans 3:22-24

Denny

Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." [John 6:68]