Question 108 What does the seventh commandment teach us?

Answer: That all uncleanness is accursed of God: (a) and that therefore we must with all our hearts detest the same, (b) and live chastely and temperately, (c) whether in holy wedlock, or in single life. (d)

(a) Lev.18:27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)

Lev.18:28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

(b)
Jude 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

(c) 1 Thess.4:3-5 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

(d) Heb.13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

1 Cor.7:7-9 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

1 Cor.7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.