yes, I'm familiar with Boston's writing on the subject, I'll have to check it out....

Somebody who is RCC would argue that nothing unclean can enter heaven.....what would you say to one who would challange that if the old nature still exists there would have to be some purging (purgatory) that occurs before the spirit can enter heaven.....

I know this is the least of the problems with RRC doctrine since they don't believe Jesus' blood applied to the sinner is effectual by itself to save the sinner (or maybe they would argue it's only effectual to some specially chosen but others still have a chance with assisting grace)

and I know there are other verses that explain only a good tree can bare good fruit, so there are many verses that are black and white, but are still somewhat metophirical becasue even a saved sinner can also bare evil fruit for a brief time (i.e. David's sin with Bathsheba)....

I hope my question makes sense, thanks!

AC

The mercy of God is necessary not only when a person repents, but even to lead him to repent, Augustine