Originally Posted By: Pilgrim
Originally Posted By: Dennis
My pastor is a Dispensationalist, but he is also a 5 point Calvinist. I cannot for the life of me understand why he is a Dispensationalist;.... <cut>

1. There are 5-Point Calvinists and there are 5-Point Calvinists. wink
2. There are Dispensationalists and there are Dispensationalists. There are many "varieties" of Dispensationalism so it is important to know which "variety" someone embraces, from 'Acts 28' ultra-extremists, to the more docile and inconsistent "Progressive Dispensationalism" held by men like John MacArthur.
Yes sir, I agree.

Quote:

Elsewhere I provided a link to an article by Kim Riddlebarger who took MacArthur to task for some very disparaging and foolish remarks he made in regard to Dispensationalism and Calvinism. At least MacArthur, albeit, on the other side of the proverbial fence, realizes there is a consistency and necessity of coherence in Reformed Theology. Of course, I believe he violates that coherence by embracing Dispensationalism. evilgrin
Again, I agree. Thanks for the reply. smile

THOMAS BROOKS