Originally Posted by sojourner
I just read yesterday that it was approved by the Convention by an 80% affirmative vote.I don't know about whole churches leaving but I do know that individuals are praying for guidance.
As previously mentioned, IF this affirmation doesn't become a requirement that elders and/or deacons or even local church members have to give conscription, then it is of no consequence. Contrariwise, IF conscription is required, then this would virtually force all true Calvinists out of the SBC, which is most likely what is at least partially behind the adoption of this "Statement". However, there is another consideration which might need to be addressed. IF the SBC requires local churches to contribute financially to the SBC, e.g., a "quota system", then this may and IMHO should cause some serious prayer and discussion, on the local church level, in regard to whether a church can in good conscience adhere to the financial requirement which would support a denomination which is openly semi-Pelagian and hostile to Calvinism.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]