Originally Posted By: Tom
Pilgrim
I will let the following link answer for me. http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/qna/arminians.html

Okay, so you would be part of the "Tolerant Calvinist" group, which the author of the article, Pastor Eric Tuininga, is definitely one. On this we would be light years apart, because I stand firmly with those who stood together at the great Synod of Dordt (1618-19) in their unanimous decision that Arminianism is damnable heresy and all the Reformers and Puritans who likewise held to the same conclusion. What that means is that anyone who embraces those doctrines which are diametrically opposed to the biblical "Doctrines of sovereign free grace" are under the just wrath of God and unless they are given the gift of repentance and true faith, they will surely perish.

Secondly, I would challenge his use of the term "Arminianism" to refer to the overwhelming majority of professing Christians, which are decidedly NOT "Arminians", but in truth, they are "semi-Pelagians". True historic Arminianism has gone the way of the Dodo Bird or the Duck-Billed Platypus.

Lastly, what I can affirm and believe sincerely, that there are EXCEPTIONS, albeit extremely few in this present world who verbally assent to the damnable heresies of Arminianism/semi-Pelagianism, but who cast off those intellectual errors when the true gospel comes to them and their heart is mysteriously changed so that they then long in adoring love for the one true God and Jesus Christ whom He sent into the world to redeem His people from their sins.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]