I hope it's okay for me to jump in here, for I find this post very interesting and informative (given so much of this is very new to me) and I am so eager to learn and understand the what's and why's of everything.

So with that said, I have a question, maybe two, or three, or four... smile

What does it mean to be confessional vs non-confessional?

What good does it do to baptize an infant? I know countless people (even in my own extended family) who were all baptized as infants in the Presbyterian church in Northern Ireland, and not a one of them served God as adults. So, I find it hard to wrap my head around that one and I would like to understand why paedo over credo?

I believe 100% in the doctrines of grace, Calvinist Soteriology, and in credo baptism. I no longer believe in dispensational Premill. Leaning heavily towards Historic Amil (based on what I've been learning over the past few weeks only) although I haven not ruled out Historic Premil either. Would a Reformed Baptist church be a good fit for me? Are there any other options? I don't have a RBC church near where I live.

What is meant by the Regulative Principle of Worship?

Lastly, HP and HA are so distinctly different, so how can they both be considered Orthodox?

I realize this is a lot of questions... And I haven't even started on the CT bit yet. smile Just answer what you feel up to answering. No pressure! smile

PS: Based on what I've read here I'm guessing I am a Calvinist Baptist? Perhaps! smile It's so good to finally have a label! Just kidding. wink Ahahahaha.

Last edited by Leah Ireland; Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:00 AM.