How does he know that anyone actually existed aside from perhaps a mention of them in someone's journal or gov't record? Does he apply the grounds he uses to reject the biblical account as being credible to every other written document? BTW presuppositional apologetics does not dismiss physical evidence carte blanche. It holds that Scripture is true truth and the sole and final authority in all matters of faith and practice. Finding Noah's ark, for example, would not prove that the biblical account is true. nope The biblical account of Noah's ark is inherently true and finding the ark would simply be an example of scripture's credibility. Think of it as James' statement that one's faith is justified by its works. You are not justified by works, but good works are an expected expression/result/example of the existence of true faith.

The truth that Moses existed is unassailable because the record of his life was written through the direct and personal guidance of God Himself. This is known as self-attestation. Thus, being the written record which God has given to us, it is inherently true and truth itself. NO ONE throughout its history has ever been able to disprove that truth, albeit thousands have certainly tried.

The Anvil of God's Word

Last eve I passed beside a blacksmith's door
And heard the anvil ring the vesper chime:
Then looking in, I saw upon the floor
Old hammers, worn with beating years of time.

"How many anvils have you had," said I,
"To wear and batter all these hammers so?"
"Just one," said he, and then, with twinkling eye,
"The anvil wears the hammers out, you know."

And so, thought I, the anvil of God's Word,
For ages skeptic blows have beat upon;
Yet though the noise of falling blows was heard,
The anvil is unharmed . . . the hammers gone.

—Author unknown

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]