Hi
Hope you don’t mind me adding a little more about my communication with the person who is obsessed with the so called Mandela Effect and insisting that the doctrine of the inerrancy of Scripture being a false doctrine.
I gave him a link by JI Packer explaining why the doctrine of the inerrancy of Scripture is an essential doctrine of the Christian faith. The following was his response:
Packer insists “that in the realm of belief, authority belongs to truth and truly only." [But then he is willing to ignore the reality of the inconsistencies he names.] Can we speak meaningfully of the authority of the Bible in and over our lives if it is riddled with factual error and historical mistake and chronological discord and theological inconsistency? No.... “The importance of recognizing biblical inerrancy as a fact of faith. [By shutting ones eyes to the inconstancies between the parallel gospels we are not basing our faith upon the the facts/truth but upon our need to believe that it is inerrant.] I do not need Scripture to be inerrant, I need the Person who inspired it to be real.

Not sure at this point if it is worth more communication with him, but thought if anyone wants to give their take on his response, be my guest. Sigh...

If I did give a response, it might start with the following.
You do not seem to realize that with the following statement you made. You have committed a fallacy. "I do not need Scripture to be inerrant, I need the Person who inspired it to be real." The word 'inspired" in 2 Tim. 3:16, means "God breathed and among other things, it also means inerrant. There are also other passages that show that Scripture is inerrant. Prove that the Bible is not inerrant and you show that either the author was lying, or worse that God Himself erred.

Am I correct?

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:25 PM.