What is the distinction you are making between a Dispensationalist and a Zionist? You mention John MacArthur as if he is not a zionist, but his study Bible teaches what I understand to be Zionism. On Josh. 21:43-45 he states "But God's people failed to exercise their responsibility and possess their land to the full degree in various areas." Yet, in Josh. 23:14b it reads: ... not one thing has failed of all the good things that the LORD your God promised concerning you; all have come to pass for you, not one of them has failed." (Josh 23:14, NRSV) In MacArthur's Study Bible his commentary on Ezekiel 40-48 teaches the 1000 kingdom on earth with the renewed sacrifices and his note reads: "They will have missed the memorial of the Lord's Supper, but will then have their own memorial sacrifices for 1,000 years." Why would you have a memorial if Jesus is there with you in person in the 1,000 years? At 75 I'm still learning and refining my understanding of Scripture, so I look forward to more learning and refining as I read input from others. Thanks...

Ned