Originally Posted by Tom
Pilgrim
I did not mean to imply that the article had anything to do with the Formal Equivalence vs the Dynamic Equivalence. The reason why I mention that was because I find that issue to be more important.

Sorry, but I have to disagree strongly with this assessment of yours. IF the foundation is corrupt, then it won't make a wit if difference how you use it to build something. I'm sure you will immediately think of the words of Christ Jesus, eh? grin Thus, in the case of what the author of the article was so bothered with, if/since these people are changing portions of Scripture or even removing parts of what has traditionally been universally accepted as inspired, then the resulting translation will be corrupt and thus useless.

Revelation 22:18-19 (ASV) "I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book."

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]