It is true that handing one of John Owen's books to someone who is "slow" might be a less than a good choice, with the exception of his The Glory of Christ which is quite easy to read. However, I would remind you that there is a person named, The Holy Spirit, Who is not bound by a person's intellectual level, for God created each person according to His good pleasure, nor any lack of interest, for it is the Spirit Who draws sinners who are by nature disinterested in the things of God. I was a God hater and openly hostile, even to the point of violence toward those who attempted to mention the very name of God except in a blasphemous way. Of course, I can look back and see that God also preserved me from the potential influences of hearing a false gospel and being deceived about salvation in Christ. dizzy But when it was God's design and decree to save this wretch of a man, nothing could prevent me from reading the Bible, for an insatiable appetite for God and His Word were created in me by the Spirit. joy

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]