I don't know what the issue is? scratchchin Are there some who are arguing that the RPW allegedly doesn't allow the taking of offerings during the worship service? When I read the accounts of the OT sarcedotal system, everyone brought their offerings to the tabernacle or temple (cf. Num 10:32-39; 18:26 This is also seen in the NT in various recorded accounts. Most of the offerings went to sustain the Priests since their duties prohibited them from growing their own food. The principle of giving tithes and offerings, not the specific regulations of, are carried over into the NT (cf. Rom 12.13; 2Cor 8:3-5,7,12,13; 9:11,12; 1Tim 6:17,18; Heb 6:10; 1Pet 4:10).

Now, as to the matter of the collection of the saint's gifts/offerings, it doesn't appear that a special day or time has been mandated in Scripture. To me, it is one of those "incidentals", such as the time the members of a church have agreed to meet for worship on Sunday, or where the sermon is to be preached in the worship service, etc. Certainly the receiving of gifts/tithes/offerings is what God has ordered and the giving of such as obedience and praise to God Who is the giver of all good things in abundance is not contrary to worship. Methinks each individual church has the liberty to collect gifts/tithes/offerings during the worship service, after the worship service, on a designated day (I don't know how that would work out?), or whatever they choose.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]