OSAS
One of the things over the years that the Highway has taught me is to be a bit nitpicky. Of course I have still got a lot learn in that regard, but...
This is equally true when I am talking about OSAS and the Perseverance of the Saints. I do so in this particular case because when a non-Calvinist who claims to believe in OSAS; for the most part do not believe in the Perseverance of the Saints.
Unfortunately however, this nitpickiness has got me in hot water with a group of Calvinists who took issue with me. Saying things like:
Tom Hardy, the misuse or abuse of a term does not render it false, misleading or inaccurate
I emphasized how the Perseverance of the Saints is a two sided coin; while OSAS is a one sided coin.
While agreeing with me that the Perseverance of the Saints is a two sided coin. They insist that OSAS has been stolen and misrepresented; therefore my nitpickiness has no bearing in the conversation.
I told them if they want to use the term OSAS, they better qualify it; mainly because if they do not do so those who affirm OSAS, but not the Perseverance of the Saints will think you are agreeing with them. I then told them, there are many non-Calvinist Baptists who reject all 5 points of TULIP, yet embrace OSAS. However, they keep going back to their point.
I am actually really surprised, because for the most part we usually agree with each other.
Any thoughts that might be helpful would be appreciated.

Tom