Dear Dan:<br><br> I do not come on here often, but have partipated on the Highway for almost 7 years. As a Christian and Pastor that is still learning and growing, I also continue to deal with this matter. There used to be a time when we did nothing but hymns. Then we went to doing one "praise chorus." Now we do a "blended music worhip" that is still mostly hymns but also more praise choruses than we used to do. We also still sing some songs acapella. My conviction although certainly not authoritative is this: I believe there are more "meaty" and biblically accurate hymns out there than there are "praise choruses." But I also find nothing in Scripture that says no "praise choruses" or any contemporary music can be used at all, even considering the Regulative Principle of Worship. By the grace of God we are very cautious, careful, and selective on what praise choruses and contemporary music we use. To make sure that they are biblically accurate and God-centered rather than man-centered, and do not enetertain or feed the flesh so to speak. We do more hymns than praise choruses because we believe that more hymns talk about sin, the cross and repentance, etc., than do the praise choruses. Even though many praise choruses sing the psalms and other passages of Scripture, they often don't get deep and just repeat what lyrics are there. In my church since we are small I also have the priviledge of being the song leader :^ ), so I have more control of it that way. A typical service for us will have 3 hymns, 2 contempory choruses, 1 O.T. Scripture Reading, 1 N.T. Scripture Reading, Worship in Tithes & Offering, all totalling 30-35 minutes, and then an aproximate 45 minute sermon.<br><br>Well, that is my 2 cents worth, time to back into hiding, LOL<br><br>Brother Bret

Brother Bret Lovitz