Donations for the month of December

We have received a total of $25 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,716
Posts51,529
Members932
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,540
Tom 3,563
chestnutmare 2,930
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,773
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 8
Tina 2
Recent Posts
Abortion and Politics
by Pilgrim. Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:42 AM
Is the Following Legit?
by goldenoldie. Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:00 AM
None but Christ!
by chestnutmare. Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:01 PM
Chau is no Jim Elliot
by Tom. Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 AM
Build Thy spiritual temple among us
by chestnutmare. Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:53 AM
"Going Home - A Christmas Sermon" by C.H. Spurgeon
by Pilgrim. Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:06 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Interview With A Military Officer #1774
Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:10 PM
Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:10 PM
Kelowna, British Columbia, Can...
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Recently I was listening to a military officer being interviewed and the question was asked; "Has the UN or US got any real evidence that ties SH and Alchida (sp?) And 9/11?" The answer that the military officer gave actually surprised me, he said basically no there isn't any real proof other than a statement that may or may not be a tie. He also said that Alchida considers SH a secularist and a joke, so it is unlikely that there is really a tie between SH and Alchida.<br><br>Does anyone have any information that would either confirm or disprove what this military officer says?<br><br>Tom<br>

Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: Tom] #1775
Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:44 PM
Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:44 PM
USA
J_Edwards Offline
Needs to get a Life
J_Edwards  Offline
Needs to get a Life
USA
This war is over the fact the SH did not and would not disarm and not that he has every conceivable link to BL or 9-11. Who knows Tom maybe our Military Search [color:red]War</font color=red>rant will discover Iraqi links to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the assassination attempt on former President George H. W. Bush that same year, 9-11, at. al.<br><br>Tom, there are many talking heads that "think" they know something and can make the news for 10 seconds. All I will say is watch the news. Camera men are being allowed to go into battle with our troops and IMHO very soon you will SEE the truth of what the "intelligence departments" have been gathering, through numerous resources.<br><br>When was the last time you had a mushroom cloud out your back window. You say never! Well did you ever think that was because of courageous men and woman and governments who are willing to fight against tyranny rather than just sit back and say "it will be ok." This is similar of what goes on in the "churches" today--no accountability and thus so-called Christians are terrorizing one another, there is un-addressed sin in the church, et. al.

Reformed and Always Reforming,
Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: J_Edwards] #1776
Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:03 PM
Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:03 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Joe<br><br>Thank you for your post, in case you missed it I am in favor of this war, for no other reason than I don't see a better alternative. SH should have been taken out during the first war in the Gulf.<br>Why I started this thread is because I was lead to believe that one of the major reasons for this war was SH's link to Alchida and 9/11.<br>When I heard the military officer say those things, I couldn't help but wonder about the matter.<br>Another thing that makes me wonder about this war is the timing of these attacks on Iraq. Is it just a coincidence that it happened during the search for Binladin?<br><br>Tom

Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: Tom] #1777
Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:17 PM
Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:17 PM
NH, USA
Pilgrim Offline

Head Honcho
Pilgrim  Offline

Head Honcho
NH, USA
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"]Why I started this thread is because I was lead to believe that one of the major reasons for this war was SH's link to Alchida and 9/11.</font><hr></blockquote><p>Well, that's certainly a new "wrinkle" that I haven't heard before. From everything that Bush and the U.S. has said from "Day 1", the impetus has been Iraq's refusal to comply with the U.N. Inspectors and that they were in fact harboring weapons of mass destruction in violation of the U.N. council. What <span style="background-color:yellow;">reliable sources</span> have you been "led to believe" that this war was started because of 911, etc.? Perhaps I've missed that somehow. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/shrug.gif" alt="shrug" title="shrug[/img]<br><br>In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: Tom] #1778
Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:41 PM
Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:41 PM
USA
J_Edwards Offline
Needs to get a Life
J_Edwards  Offline
Needs to get a Life
USA
Tom,<br><br>I am glad you are for this war. Your post sounded a little indifferent and almost supportive of "no war" thus my comments. Maybe all Canadians are not against the U.S. after all, though the news does not carry it that way (of course, then it wouldn't be news, would it? [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh[/img]). P.S. I know some other Canadians that aren't against it as well..<br><br>The reason for the season of war was because of SH and his regime's failure to comply with the U.N. resolutions--simple as that. <br><br>As for the officer, many people say many things about which (1) they have little or no knowledge of (2) or are confusing certain facts. This officer, what branch of service was he? What rank was he? Does he have the "recent" necessary security clearances to have sensitive information. Uncle Sam knows much more about SH then they are releasing.<br><br>P.S. Though I am pro-war at this time this does not mean I fully support the U.S. in all that they do. They have made and I am sure are making some serious mistakes. But, I am glad none-the-less to live in the U.S., though taxes are eating me alive...........and yes I know your Canadian taxes are even higher. [Linked Image]

Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: Pilgrim] #1779
Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:22 AM
Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:22 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim<br><br>I think I have heard this tie from at least one US politician on the news. But I guess I should pay more attention to names from now on, but I am surprised that this is the first time you have heard that.<br><br>Tom

Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: J_Edwards] #1780
Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:28 AM
Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:28 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
I am going to have to get back to you about the officer. I have seen him quite a few times on the news in the past few days, so if I see him again I will take note.<br>I think he might be a general who is recently retired.

Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: Tom] #1781
Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:01 AM
Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:01 AM
NH, USA
Pilgrim Offline

Head Honcho
Pilgrim  Offline

Head Honcho
NH, USA
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"]I think I have heard this tie from at least one US politician on the news.</font><hr></blockquote><p>Tom, I give ear to what President Bush and his OFFICIAL spokesmen have to say and pay very little, if any, attention to those politicians who are speaking for themselves. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/grin.gif" alt="grin" title="grin[/img] I see that Ralph Kline, Premier of Alberta has come out and said he supports the U.S. in the war on Iraq. It didn't take long for Cretien to denounce him and say exactly what I have just said, that Kline speaks for himself and not for Canada. Of course, Cretien's comments were more to elevate himself and to make sure that everyone knows "HE" is the Prime Minister (and an embarrassment to Canada) and it is what "HE" says that counts. (aka: "truth" resides with Cretien). Thus.. again, I will give far more attention and credence to what Bush and those under his direct and immediate command state about such matters and not some rogue politician. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink[/img]<br><br>In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: Pilgrim] #1782
Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:20 PM
Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:20 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim<br><br>Though I do believe Bush is telling the truth and support him in this war.<br>I can't help but ask this question. How do you know that Bush isn't lying in this matter (or at least some points) and how do you know that Chrétien isn't saying what he actually believes, not just for public opinion? I know some conservative Christians that have said the same kind of things that Chrétien has said about this war.<br>I take the position I do, simply because I do not see a better solution, but I do not see this as black and white.<br><br>I know Chrétien has lied before (GST), but I haven't seen too many politicians even among the ones I personally support, who haven't had to either lie or haven't been able to keep their promise for one reason or another.<br><br>Tom

Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: Tom] #1783
Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:18 AM
Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:18 AM
USA
J_Edwards Offline
Needs to get a Life
J_Edwards  Offline
Needs to get a Life
USA
Tom,<br><br>I am sure Pilgrim will answer you, but...<br><br>[color:red] I can't help but ask this question. How do you know that Bush isn't lying in this matter (or at least some points) and how do you know that Chrétien isn't saying what he actually believes, not just for public opinion? </font color=red><br><br><ul>1. What right do "you" and "others" have to mis-trust him seeing you have "no" evidence, but just your "un-evidenced" speculation? What scripture do you use to support such thought and actions?<br>2. Are you an American citizen? Then do not comment on my president, you do not have the right to "condemn"! The Bible says to pray for our leaders Tom.<br>3. Have you paid attention to the news, [color:red]<font class="big">Huge Military Chemical Factory</font color=red></font mu=big> in Iraq--now that is FACTORY and not only the chemicals themselves. The U.N. inspectors admit they had no knowledge of the Chemical Factory? Of course, SH disarmed and is not doing anything wrong, is he? Of course, Chrétien is right, isn't he? Chirac is right, isn't he?<br>4. Now SH is in violation of the Geneva Convention again, of course he is so innocent? Americans and many others are dying Tom, so Canadians and others will not have to fear the tyrants of WMD![/LIST][color:red]I know Chrétien has lied before (GST), ....</font color=red><br><br><ul>1. So, you know Chrétien [color:red]has lied</font color=red> before, but above you "may" desire to take his side of view, because Bush [color:blue]may</font color=blue> be lying. [color:red]Certainty</font color=red> vs. [color:blue]Speculation</font color=blue>, and you embrace the Speculation that one may be lying over the Certainty that one is a proven liar, interesting philosophy.<br>2. Did you know that Chirac has had economic dealings with Iraq since 1974?<br>3. Did you know France helped Iraq begin their nuclear program?<br>4. Now if these liberal politicians have lied before, have present economic ties, and assisted in the beginning of a nuclear program with Iraq, what reason would I have to trust Chrétien or Chirac over Bush, who I have absolutely no evidence on? Chirac needs public opinion to keep his claims in Iraq alive, Tom![/LIST] Tom, the Bible says to pray for our leaders. I pray for all of them. Will you join me or continue to be a pragmatic pacifist...which in some words you deny, but in others and your attitude you embrace: <br><br>Tom said, [color:red]Though I do believe Bush is telling the truth and support him in this war</font color=red>.... [color:blue]I can't help but ask this question. How do you know that Bush isn't lying in this matter (or at least some points)</font color=blue>, which terminology is akin to saying, "I know Jesus is God, but I can't help but ask if the virgin birth is false or not (or at least some parts of it)." Tom, while I do not really think you support the later statement above, how could you support the former statement? It is not rational!<br><br>Tom, my greatest concern for all the coalition forces is that once they surround Baghdad the Saddam regime will unleash some "dirty bombs" killing not only many coalition forces, but the "innocent" Iraqi's as well. So, if you do not mind, I am going to continue to pray concerning this situation and not make any further comments. In the light of all the evidence you will either accept the truth or won't...........

Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: Tom] #1784
Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:36 PM
Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:36 PM
NC, USA
GottseiEhre Offline
GottseiEhre  Offline
NC, USA
From what I understand the link between 9-11 and the war on Hussein is the war on terrorism, and the way Hussein leads (i use that term loosely) his country proves him to be a terrorist to his own people. that's the only explanation I have found valid. Sorry I can't offer more, but I work in a couple places where the radio isn't always accessible.

Grace is but glory begun;
Glory is but grace perfected!
- Jonathan Edwards
Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: J_Edwards] #1785
Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:32 PM
Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:32 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Joe<br><br>I assure you I am no "pragmatic pacifist", I may be guilty of not being a good communicater, I will grant you that.<br>I have thought of other words to try to convey what I am trying to say, but I can't help but think that I will be misunderstood no matter how hard I try, so I won't at least on that.<br>I will say a few things though, I do agree with what you have said about prayer for the situation.<br><br>Also, I thought the words of former President Theodore Roosevelt would be appropriate "To announce that <br>there must be no criticism of the president or that we are to stand by the <br>president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is <br>morally treasonable to the American public."<br>Please understand that I haven't yet criticized Bush, I just want to make sure as much as reasonably possible that I have enough facts.<br>You may think this is black and white, but I don't. All that may be a mute point now that war has started, but I still feel a need to look at this objectively.<br><br>Sincerely<br>Tom<br>

Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: Tom] #1786
Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:20 PM
Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:20 PM
USA
J_Edwards Offline
Needs to get a Life
J_Edwards  Offline
Needs to get a Life
USA
[color:red] Also, I thought the words of former President Theodore Roosevelt would be appropriate "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."</font color=red><br><br>Apparently, you did not read an earlier post of mine in this same thread, though you responded to it:<br><br><blockquote>[color:blue]P.S. Though I am pro-war at this time this does not mean I fully support the U.S. in all that they do. They have made and I am sure are making some serious mistakes....</blockquote></font color=blue> and there is a difference in "condemnation" (which is what I said) and "criticism" (which TR said)!<br>

Re: Criticism of our leaders. [Re: Tom] #1787
Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:58 AM
Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:58 AM
NH, USA
Pilgrim Offline

Head Honcho
Pilgrim  Offline

Head Honcho
NH, USA
Tom,

Go ahead and criticize....... but make SURE that you have the FACTS and the TRUTH before doing so. Consider the source of your alleged "facts and truth" before you make accusations as well. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink[/img] Being a "proud Canadian", as you have described yourself....... I am not and neither is the author of this particular article which I thought you might appreciate reading, not to slight Americans who should appreciate it perhaps even more. I know he expresses my sentiments quite clearly. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/evilgrin.gif" alt="evilgrin" title="evilgrin[/img]

[color:blue]Fifty Years of Pride in Canada Disappears

Michael Walker National Post Saturday, March 22, 2003

VANCOUVER - I wasn't born a Canadian. I was born in Newfoundland and became a Canadian at age four when as a result of a referendum Newfoundland left British colonial status behind to join the Canadian federation. For more than 50 years I have been a Canadian.

For more than 50 years I have been proud to be a Canadian. I was proud to be a Canadian when Canadian diplomats helped settle the Suez Crisis. I was proud to be a Canadian when collective action had to be taken the last time an expansionist megalomaniac decided to march down the Korean Peninsula. I was proud to be a Canadian when Canadian peacekeepers moderated Cyprus. I was proud on the infrequent occasions Canadian leaders took a tough stance during the Cold War. I was proud when Canadian troops played their role in the liberation of Kuwait, and more recently Afghanistan.

Today, I am embarrassed to be a Canadian. I am embarrassed to be represented by a Prime Minister who is so detached from reality and a sense of Canada's true interests. I am embarrassed by a political system which is impotent in the face of a Prime Minister descending into perfidy. I am embarrassed that the Prime Minister was accorded a standing ovation in Parliament by his party for having decided to let others take up Canada's cudgel in the war against terror.

I am embarrassed by the ignorance of history and the evil possibilities of human nature that are revealed in the fact that six out of 10 Canadians are against the United States taking action against Iraq without the United Nations' support in spite of the fact that a clear majority believed that the United Nations should have authorized the war. I am embarrassed that my countrymen evidently believe more in the preservation of the UN than they do in the values the UN was created to preserve.

I am embarrassed by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation which wears its antipathy for the war effort as a badge of honour and by Member of Parliament Carolyn Parrish who noted, "Damn Americans: Hate those bastards," and by the fact that while she was roundly criticized by even the left-wing Toronto Star, under our electoral system there isn't a "damn" thing we can do about her.

I am embarrassed that MP Parrish is a moderate by comparison with left-wing MP Bill Blaikie who accused President Bush of "planning every minute of his life to kill as many Iraqi children as he can in the name of oil or whatever it is that's really on the agenda." I am embarrassed that I live in a country where such a tiny, spite-encrusted intellect could be elected to the nation's Parliament.

I am embarrassed by the naiveté of the Canadian Liberal Parliamentarian, Colleen Beaumier, who visited Iraq and returned to tell Canadians, "President Hussein has spoken to his ministers and said some of these 'anti-freedom and anti-human rights' laws are harsh and they have to be revisited." What with such a nice man running Iraq, aren't those Americans beastly for what they are doing.

I am not embarrassed by the student demonstrators who use excessive language to press their case, for we expect them to be ignorant -- that is why we call them students. But what can explain their teachers encouraging them to do this? Like a very large and growing number of Canadian families, some of our children now reside in the United States. They are there because of the mutual interest reflected in the Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement and its provision for easy migration. I am embarrassed for them that their new neighbours might associate them with the Canada of Jean Chrétien.

I am embarrassed that my U.S.-born grandson, and hundreds of thousands of grandchildren of other Canadians, will one day say: "Why did Canada take Saddam Hussein's side in the war against terror," because as a child, not having the benefit of diplomatically crafted subordinate clauses, he will see clearly that in war, if you are not with them you are effectively against.

I am embarrassed that my many American friends and collaborators might, if even for an instant, associate me with the views expressed by my government and the Members of Parliament who have supported it in its present stance and I am most of all embarrassed because we Canadians, who have so much to be grateful for from our longstanding collaboration with the United States, are turning our backs on our continental friends and partners in preference for the company of posers, scoundrels and genocidal lunatics.

© Copyright 2003 National Post
In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Re: Criticism of our leaders. [Re: Pilgrim] #1788
Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:04 AM
Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Pilgrim. What an article.<br><br>And not to mention the Canadians booed our National Anthem in the recent Hockey game.

Re: Criticism of our leaders. #1789
Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:18 AM
Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:18 AM
NH, USA
Pilgrim Offline

Head Honcho
Pilgrim  Offline

Head Honcho
NH, USA
Linda,<br><br>Being an American who has lived in Canada since 1992, I can testify to the verity of what this reporter wrote. I too am ashamed of the political, social and spiritual (if there is any) beliefs that govern this country. This is NOT to say that the United States isn't guilty of many gross sins, etc. Yet, I remember vividly being told before coming here, that Canada was about 10-15 years "behind the U.S." in many things. But one of the things Canada is surely far ahead in is lasciviousness and corruption in its government officials, judges etc. I also believe that Canada is just plain stupid as it is biting the hand that feeds it and will surely suffer the consequences for doing so. Again, I am NOT saying that because Canada is so dependent upon the U.S. for its sustenance that it should condone everything the U.S. does. This is clearly untrue. But their constant criticism of the U.S. in so many areas is going to have a negative affect in the long run. It seems that anything that belongs to the U.S., in some Canadian's eyes, is automatically bad and rejected. I can't tell you how often I have myriad comments such as, "We can't adopt that type of health care, car insurance, etc., because that is what the U.S. has. In many people's eyes, being Canadian is being opposed to the United States. [Linked Image]<br><br>Doesn't Canada even have a little common sense? [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh[/img] They act like the 90 lb. weakling who throws stones at the body builder. Hasn't it ever dawned on them that the "muscle-man" might someday decide he's had just about enough and squash them like a bug? [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/rolleyes.gif" alt="rolleyes" title="rolleyes[/img] However, there are a few of us here who abhor what presently exists among the leaders and the people of Canada and who are praying for them and that God will do a mighty work in the hearts of many and turn them to Christ.<br><br>In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Re: Criticism of our leaders. [Re: Pilgrim] #1790
Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:52 AM
Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree wholeheartedly. The United States should is not the perfect nation, and there are many things we will answer for as a nation, but I must be really stupid because I can't understand why some many of the other nations hate us. I too pray that God, if it please Him, would bring a great awakening such as this world has never seen, however, sadly, it seems that many may already be given over to reprobation.<br><br>Thanks for that article as it is good to know the enemy.

Re: Criticism of our leaders. [Re: Pilgrim] #1791
Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:53 PM
Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:53 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim<br><br>I share with the author some of the same concerns he does. I am proud to be a Canadian, simply because God has made me one. Not because of some of the things its people do. Which by the way, I see many in the US doing also. Canada has been blessed by God as being one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and not only that compared to the rest of the world, has one of the best standards of living on earth.<br>I will say however, that the author is wrong (if I understand him) to insinuate that Chrétien sides with SH in this conflict. It is true that he wasn't for this war in the first place, but he has recently said that now that this war has started. We should not be criticizing the US; we should be supporting them even if it means the removal of SH.<br>Now to me of course if Chrétien isn't willing to add substance to his words by supporting the US militarily, his words do not hold much water.<br>But I will say that I know he is taking a lot of flack for his comments.<br>Just so anyone knows, Canada isn't completely out of the war picture, although they are siding with the UN in this. They are contributing more than most countries that are openly behind the US in this war.<br>They have ships in the Gulf who are there in the war against terrorism and they have said publicly that if it means aiding the US in the region against terrorist attack, then they will do so.<br>This of course has angered a lot of the peaceniks in Canada.<br>I have many friends in the US, so obviously I don't hate Americans; it troubles me when either side of the border does things that hurt their neighbor. One thing that bothers me is the attitude that many (not all) US citizens have about the rest of the world, they look down their noses as though they are better than anybody else. I am not just saying this; I have personally experienced this and can give if asked examples of just what I am talking about. These kinds of things can only breed contempt, either deserved or otherwise.<br><br>One of the things I have to wonder, if Canada suffers as a result of them siding with the UN. Are US citizens who side with the UN also going to suffer? I think not.<br><br>Tom

Re: Interview With A Military Officer [Re: J_Edwards] #1792
Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:23 PM
Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:23 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Sorry, Joe<br>Apparently I missed that comment.<br><br>Sincerely<br>Tom

Re: Criticism of our leaders. #1793
Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:40 PM
Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:40 PM
New Hampshire
Jason1646 Offline
Addict
Jason1646  Offline
Addict
New Hampshire
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"]I must be really stupid because I can't understand why some many of the other nations hate us</font><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>Linda, interesting you should say that. I recently returned from a trip to Hong Kong (without Pneumonia thankfully!) and I asked this question of my co-workers from China with whom I have a good relationship. The answer was honest and simple, "Because you seem to be a bit arrogant, and we can't be there to be a part of it." I really appreicated his candor, as I think it does put things in some perspective.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Jason

Re: Criticism of our leaders. [Re: Tom] #1794
Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:45 PM
Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well Tom this is one American who hopes that those Americans that did side with the UN do get their comeuppance. And frankly if the government of Canada is so enamored of the UN. . . TAKE IT!! . Move it off our sovereign soil and never let it darken our shores again! The sooner we pull out of that useless waste of space the happier we will be!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 29 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ronald Bargebo, mottley, SnydersSoapbox, Susan, reformedbygrace
932 Registered Users
Shout Box
December
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
860,933 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.205s Queries: 15 (0.081s) Memory: 3.0533 MB (Peak: 3.3621 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-12-15 07:47:00 UTC