Rate This Thread
Hop To
#36406 - Mon May 07, 2007 7:03 AM Unholy Trinity  
Adopted Offline
Addict
Adopted  Offline
Addict

Washington State
I found this article from MSNBC to be interesting. There is another frightening and powerful group emerging from a union of Roman Catholicism, thousands of illegal aliens, and the Charismatics. There are now about 12 million (and counting) illegal and nearly entirely Roman Catholic aliens living in the U.S.. Most liberals naively believe that this does not portend eventual political realities for the American way of life. Is it any wonder that the RCC has embraced the heretical disease of the "Charismata"?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18528208/

Denny

Romans 3:22-24

Denny

Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." [John 6:68]
#36407 - Mon May 07, 2007 6:32 PM Re: Unholy Trinity [Re: Adopted]  
Robin Offline
The Boy Wonder
Robin  Offline
The Boy Wonder

Florida
It has long been my contention that the Charismatic movement would eventually become a major means of recapturing Protestant believers and carrying them off to Rome.

We see it in the shrines and "miraculous" appearances of Mary in ordinary objects as well as in an "visions" by an ever increasing number.

Surely anyone who knows that Rome has never recinded the heretical canons of the Council of Trent - which anathematized the Protestant gospel - must also question the validity of anything which calls believers back into superstition and away from the Scriptures.

-Robin

#36408 - Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:30 PM Re: Unholy Trinity [Re: Robin]  
Young Catholic Offline
Young Catholic  Offline

NC
I disagree- The Catholic Church's view on the Protestant Church as changed drastically since the Council of Trent (we've gone from calling you Heritics to "Brothern in Christ who are separated from our Church") That's quite an improvement if you ask me. I doubt anyone in Rome is stupid enough to believe that the Protestant and Catholic Churches can be re-unified- forcefully or otherwise- I sincerely doubt it will ever happen until He calls everyone Home. As to these "appearences" you see them generally localized in Central America- why? It's a cultural aspect (just look at ancient religions in Central America). In fact, Central America contains the largest amounts of these "mystics" in the world. To me, this is not superstition- but rather a sign to these people. Centural Americans take their faith very seriously and practice it than more fervor than I generally see- it's truely inspiring. These "signs" are not calling people away from the scriptures at all- in fact it is pointing back to the scriptures and saying "See- that's Him."

Gloria Patri et Filii et Spiritu Sancti, Amen!

"For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of affliction, to give you an end and patience. "
#36409 - Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:07 PM Re: Unholy Trinity [Re: Young Catholic]  
Pilgrim Offline
Head Honcho
Pilgrim  Offline

Head Honcho

NH, USA
Young Catholic said:
Centural Americans take their faith very seriously and practice it than more fervor than I generally see- it's truely inspiring. These "signs" are not calling people away from the scriptures at all- in fact it is pointing back to the scriptures and saying "See- that's Him."

And so do Buddhists, Mormons, Muslims, etc., take their "faith" very seriously. But such does not make what they believe to be truth. Nor, in particular, does their taking their "faith" very seriously mean it is a sign from God calling them back to the Scriptures. For the Scriptures speak conversely:

Matthew 24:22-25 (KJV) "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before."

Those whom God calls are justified in Christ by faith alone, in Him alone and by grace alone. Those who are given the Spirit of Christ condemn and forsake such beliefs and practices, not condone them or participate in them.

In His grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
#36410 - Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:31 AM Re: Unholy Trinity [Re: Pilgrim]  
Young Catholic Offline
Young Catholic  Offline

NC
Ah- I believe I didn't make my point clear. My point was- in my opinion, they see these signs as blessings and affirmations from God- it's a very mystical sect of the Church down there in Central America as evident from its origins. As we see even through the early foundation and spread of Christianity- the cultural identity of religion impacts future religions- not matter what they be. This is evident by History and many of the holidays Christians have adopted as their own- even though they have pagan beginnings. The day of the dead in Mexico is a fine example of such a holiday.

"For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of affliction, to give you an end and patience. "
#36411 - Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:39 PM Re: Unholy Trinity [Re: Young Catholic]  
Robin Offline
The Boy Wonder
Robin  Offline
The Boy Wonder

Florida
I've been on two mission trips to Latin America and have spent a lot of time discussing with missionaries and pastors the various Latin American brands of "Christianity.

Two majority versions of Christianity stand out as about equal in number and following:

Word-of-Faith Pentecostalism with it's false promises of material blessing ("name it and claim it" televangelism stuff), and

Synergistic "Roman" Catholicism in which saints and other gods are worshipped right along side Christ, as though nearly equal with Him.

Both groups experience "signs and wonders" which are taken as "proof" that they're true. The worship of the Christian God right along with the worship of several other gods is not seen as contradictory at all, but is considered "catholic."

#36412 - Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:11 PM Re: Unholy Trinity [Re: Robin]  
Young Catholic Offline
Young Catholic  Offline

NC
The worship of the Christian God right along with the worship of several other gods is not seen as contradictory at all, but is considered "catholic."

I do remember reading an article where recently 5 catholic priests were excommunicated and several others censured on the matter- it causes Pope Benedict's meeting with the Central American Bishops to be...rigid (they've been in conflict with him alot since his days in the Holy Office)

Word-of-Faith Pentecostalism with it's false promises of material blessing ("name it and claim it" televangelism stuff)

Oh boy- Health, Wealth, and Prosperty stuff...didn't these people ever read Job?

Last edited by Young Catholic; Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:12 PM.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 113 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
drewk, patrice, Robert1962, Ron, billmcginnis
921 Registered Users
Shout Box
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30