Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4231 Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:42 AM
Addict
Addict
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"] Did not Paul say that to be single is a good thing for a man to be ? </font><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>Yes, but his comment was associated with the present distress of his day:<br><br>1 Corinthians 7:26 I suppose therefore that this is good because of the present distress -- that it is good for a man to remain as he is <br><br>Now there are people who "become eunuchs" for the kingdom of heaven's sake, and that is fine, but we ought to consider it the normal rule that Christian men and women would desire to get married and raise godly children. It seems to me that if someone is given the gift of celibacy, then its intention is to use it for full-time ecclesiastical work (perhaps a good source for missions work).<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"] Here is some food for thought : There were no children in the Garden of Eden. </font><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>Adam and Eve were commanded to be fruitful and multiply, which is one of the purposes of the institution of marriage. What was it you were hoping for us to think about with this?<br><br>Sincerely in Christ,<br><br>~Jason

Jason1646 #4232 Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi Jason.<br><br>There were no children in Eden PRIOR to the Fall.<br><br>Tis but an interesting thought - no dogma intended.<br><br>I am married by the way. No children - thank the Lord.<br><br>howard

#4233 Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:56 AM
Addict
Addict
Hi Howard,<br><br>Yes, I did not receive your observation in a dogmatic spirit, I was just truly trying to understand the "interestingness" of the thought (i.e. relevance) in connection to the thread. I would say first and foremost the absence of children prior to the Fall would be more associated with the redemptive purposes of God to have a race of people all descended from a fallen Adam. Furthermore, it would seem to be an indication that the fall took place relatively soon after Creation.<br><br>Sincerely in Christ,<br><br>~Jason

#4234 Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:31 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Linda,<br><br>I thought you thought that. I just wanted to hear you say it. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile[/img]<br><br>Blessings,<br><br>Ron

#4235 Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:58 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
Howard,
In reply to:
[color:"blue"]No children - thank the Lord.

Would you mind elaborating on your reasons for thanking the Lord for having no children?

In Christ,
Paul S
Paul_S #4236 Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Sure thing Paul.<br><br>I could"nt take the heartache parenthood could entail.<br><br>howard

#4237 Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Doesn't that seem like an odd statement though, that I would not teach my girls that they are the Lord's children. What did you think I might be teaching them?<br><br>Anyway, good communication is lost through email at times.

#4238 Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
No children, thank the Lord? WOW. What a statement. I do remember the scriptures saying that "children are a heritage of the Lord, and again, blessed is the man that has his quiver full of them! While children don't make you any more spiritual, they surely don't make you any less. I am sad to see that particular comment. I have six, thank the Lord!<br><br>Linda

#4239 Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I thought you were teaching them that God was their spouse.<br><br>Ron

#4240 Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
nor the blessings. <br><br>God has redeemed us as sons and daughters, and I think because I have had the kind priviledge to raise children that I have learned the lessons of what it truly means to be a daughter of the King. I do think your harshness toward others who differ from you is a testimony that you have never raised children. You can stand for truth without bashing or slaughtering the character of others. This is a lesson we teach our children well.

Wes #4241 Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"]You grumpy ole fart if I were your kid I'd be afraid to even look at the opposite sex for fear of your tendencies.</font><hr></blockquote><p><br><br><span style="background-color:yellow;">Curmudgeon: A crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas</span><br><br>I'm sorry I thought you knew this was in my profile. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/grin.gif" alt="grin" title="grin[/img] But all seriousness aside I don't want my daughters to marry someone like me, why should they experience the frustrations their mother has I ask you? I wouldn't mind some Godly reverent men who are proper in their decorm and have the best interests of my daughters in mind. And of course they must beat me in hand to hand combat (There can be only ONE). After all I must know that they can protect my daughters completely. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/rofl.gif" alt="rofl" title="rofl[/img]

#4242 Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:08 AM
Wes Offline
Needs to get a Life
Needs to get a Life
Prestor,<br><br>Yes! [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/yep.gif" alt="yep" title="yep[/img] I know your profile and also appreciate your protective tendencies. I just wonder if youre ready for someone just like yourself to show up and ask your daughter's hand.<br><br>You may be looking for someone more perfect than yourself and find out that your daughters see many strengths in you that you have not mentioned. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/grin.gif" alt="grin" title="grin[/img]<br><br><br>Wes

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died, my richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. - Isaac Watts
#4243 Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:53 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
dear Howard, were is your Faith? It is God that gives us our children, it is also God that will help us to raise them when we are beggars at His Throne. No, it is not going by it self, the growing up I mean. Since the best place to be [color:red]for a born again christian is at His Throne</font color=red> we believe that He will give what we don't have. Praise Him Our God.

Willemina
beggar at His Throne
willemina #4244 Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:14 PM
Addict
Addict
Well said: "Where is your faith?" I am glad God coolly ignored my fears of having children in order to give me the two not-entirely-perfect-but-still-joyful- blessings that I have today. I would be a sadder, more selfish person without them.<br><br> "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" Eph. 3:20

Stand Fast, Craigellachie!
willemina #4245 Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Willemina, please dont worry about my faith. It is looked after very well.<br><br>It is indeed God who gives children. God also decides who cannot have children.<br><br>I might add that it is God who gives some the choice whether to have children or not.<br><br>Christ Jesus Rules.<br><br>howard<br><br><br>

Last edited by howard; Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:41 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,457 Gospel truth