Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,918
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#54536 Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:56 PM
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
I'm somewhat stunned and numb about past and present accusations against various Christian leaders, whether it be Sproul Jr, Driscoll....and now I'm hearing of CJ Mahaney and Ravi Z.... My concern is when attempted coverups become the true crime.....
https://www.thedailybeast.com/pastor-accused-of-covering-up-abuse-returns-to-spotlight

Just found out about this.... This looks really bad.... I think the last thing people want to hear is what a great person somebody is or of their personal integrity because it reeks of an inability to look at somebody truly objective.... He may be all those things and he may be vulnerable to attack but the blame the victim thing is such a common pratice that any sign of impartiality is truly troubling..... On both sides obviously..... We know the secular media is no friend of the church....

"We have stood beside our friend, C. J. Mahaney, and we can speak to his personal integrity"

Last edited by Anthony C.; Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:57 AM.
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
In our current day, the "church" too often mimics the world in various and embarrassing ways. And, to me, it should be no surprise since the modern "church" has not only adopted much of the world's philosophy, but actually brought the things of this world into its life, particularly its man-made "worship". What also bothers me and even admittedly vexes my very soul is how few people can see these things happening and those who do often ignore them or even dismiss them. The true people of God need to pray fervently for discernment and the strength to resist these things. One need only to read Scripture, specifically the fall of Israel as God's chosen people which began almost immediately after they were delivered from Egypt and the NT Church's sins which were present even during the days of the Apostles. Don't read those things as ancient history, but as examples of how sin infects every generation, and the visible church included. The sins of the church at Corinth are with us today, people!!

1 John 2:15-17 (ASV) "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the vain glory of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."

2 Corinthians 6:13-18 (ASV) "Now for a recompense in like kind (I speak as unto [my] children), be ye also enlarged. Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers: for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? or what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what portion hath a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement hath a temple of God with idols? for we are a temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, And touch no unclean thing; And I will receive you, And will be to you a Father, And ye shall be to me sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Sorry, I meant partiality

Addict
OP Offline
Addict
What on earth is going on???? When pastors lack accountability they will only seal their own demise.... May we all, no matter how learned, watch and be sober.... http://thewartburgwatch.com/2017/09...-surrounding-the-death-of-iain-campbell/

.....I've been in a church where the leaders acted as gods, and I know how leaders can abuse their power and cover-up attrocity....this is why the defensive, arrogant attempt to shut down descent or mere inquiry on display in this blog post (that helps fuel conspiracies of silence) drives me crazy.... The truth is, too many churches lack transparency and accountability..... You can't dodge proper consequences merely to prevent an incovenient outcome.... If I have sinned may I be willing to confess before God and man before any kind of investigation is warranted....we skirt discipline and public confession at the expense of the whole body ........

https://theweeflea.com/2017/03/07/tragedy-in-lewis-a-pastoral-response/#comments

However, I guess this is a fair admission (I just fear the often exercised tendency to sweep these things under the rug outside the properly applied public scrutiny and outcry to come clean and hold the church truly accountable).... How shall it profit the celebrity pastor and those who provide cover to sacrifice their own souls? ........

REPORT FROM PRESBYTERY, April 26, 2017

Issuing a statement from the Western Isles Presbytery, Rev James Maciver, the minister of Stornoway Free Church, said: “The Western Isles Presbytery has completed a thorough investigation into serious allegations about the conduct of the late Rev. Dr Iain D Campbell prior to his death. The Presbytery has now sadly concluded that elements of Dr Campbell’s moral conduct were contrary to, and censurable by, the Word of God (Bible), and seriously inconsistent with that expected of a Christian minister.

“Following the investigation, each local Kirk Session has carried out appropriate disciplinary action, according to guidelines laid down in the Practice of the Free Church of Scotland. Bearing in mind that the Church has a duty of care to all parties, this has been carried out in private.

“The Presbytery will continue to consider how to bring this sad episode to a conclusion and what we may learn from it.

“The last few weeks have been a deeply distressing time for all concerned. The Presbytery would appeal to everyone within the Free Church of Scotland for unity and prayerfulness. The Presbytery wishes to particularly remember Iain’s wife, Anne, and the rest of the family. We urge the Church to pray for them, and for all those affected by recent tragic events, that God will provide comfort and healing for them.”

http://freechurch.org/news/update-from-western-isles-presbytery

Last edited by Anthony C.; Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:25 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Meta4), 96 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,510,764 Gospel truth