Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,918
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#54750 Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:15 PM
OP Offline
Pilgrim,

I've read on this forum that you are not saved by the doctrines of grace, but you are not saved without them either. Can you please expound on this? It is a confusing statement for me.
Thank you.

ATulipNotADaisy #54751 Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:24 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by ATulipNotADaisy
Pilgrim,

I've read on this forum that you are not saved by the doctrines of grace, but you are not saved without them either. Can you please expound on this? It is a confusing statement for me.
Thank you.
Sure! and no charge to you today. grin

What I mean by that is that believing right doctrine, in and of itself, is not salvific. There are many who affirm the truth of Scripture but it is simply a matter of head knowledge. Contrariwise, one cannot be saved by believing error. But it is the truth of the Gospel which the Spirit uses to: convict a sinner of his/her sinfulness (not simply a sinner; someone who hasn't done everything as good as they should), impress upon a sinner's mind and heart that Christ's righteousness is absolutely necessary to be made right with God, and that judgment rests upon him/her, even the whole world and that there is a final execution of that judgment; everlasting hell, upon all who remain in their unbelief. Of course, this is just a very brief summary of what must be believed. A fuller summary can be found here: A Gospel Summary. FYI and others, we still have a few booklets of that article available for the asking. We were fortunate enough to be able to get a second printing since the first printing was totally exhausted. It has been distributed throughout the world, particularly in Africa where a knowledge of what the Gospel is rarely is heard.[Linked Image]

Does the above clear things up for you? Or, do you need further clarification?

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #54753 Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:29 PM
OP Offline
Thank you, Pilgrim. I have your booklet and have read it numerous times.

In it you state on pg. 20, "Thus we have the two requirements: repentance, which is the turning from sin and the world with all it sinful ways; hating the very sin with in us and desiring those things which God has commanded; to do them out of a heart of gladness and thankfulness. And secondly, faith which is a complete trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, in both HIs sacrificial death and in His imputed righteousness."
So, belief in predestination, unconditional election, and limited atonement are not necessary for salvation? Although, they speak directly to the person and work of Christ?
Please help me understand or am I just confusing myself?

Last edited by ATulipNotADaisy; Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:29 PM.
ATulipNotADaisy #54755 Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:11 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
I would not intimate even, that a PhD in theology is required in order to be saved. giggle But a rudimentary knowledge of those doctrines is surely most necessary. In the 5 sections of my booklet I think I explain, for example, that a knowledge first of God is necessary and then go on to elucidate some of the details of that doctrine of God. He is not only the Creator of all things, but He also is the One who has ordained all that He created. Further, He is also the Sovereign Ruler of all things so that NOTHING that exists or happens is left to chance (whatever that is) but rather He has likewise ordained those things too and by His providence He brings all that He has ordained to pass. Just this statement alone rules out any such foolish notion that salvation is one part God and one part man, i.e., God by post-destination (decrees after the fact) determines who is going to be saved. Or to put it in modern Arminian/semi-Pelagian terms... God looks into the future to see who is going to believe and then post determines what He saw. A god who this thinking describes is not the God of the Bible. Thus, anyone who believes in this god, has put their faith into an idol which is nothing more than the fabrication of man in rebellion against the One True God.

Get my drift... snowbank? grin

A christ who died for everyone but saved no one in particular is NOT the Christ of the Bible. This type of thinking always asserts that their christ only made salvation possible and it is effective only IF a sinner decides to believe on his/her own, etc., etc., ad nauseam.

This is why I am so adamant that Christians be taught the full biblical Gospel before they venture out into the world to become "soul winners". A false gospel cannot save because God the Spirit will never work through a lie, a falsehood, a deceitful message to call sinners to Christ. God is a God of truth. And only the truth; found in the inspired written Word of God, can set a man free (Prov 2:1-7; Jh 6:45; 8:30-32). And a true salvation is not just justification by also sanctification which also can only be accomplished through truth, the truth of God's holy Word (Jh 17:17).

2 Peter 3:15-18 (ASV) "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote unto you; as also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; wherein are some things hard to be understood, which the ignorant and unstedfast wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, knowing [these things] beforehand, beware lest, being carried away with the error of the wicked, ye fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] the glory both now and for ever. Amen."

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
ATulipNotADaisy #54757 Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:06 PM
OP Offline
"A christ who died for everyone but saved no one in particular is NOT the Christ of the Bible. This type of thinking always asserts that their christ only made salvation possible and it is effective only IF a sinner decides to believe on his/her own, etc., etc., ad nauseam."

Your added explanation definitely helps, but especially the above quote. Thank you.

ATulipNotADaisy #54758 Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:04 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
No charge!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 67 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,511,495 Gospel truth