Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,780
Posts54,875
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,864
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
The When and How of Justification
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#56306 Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:01 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
To state the obvious; these are really sad times.
As many of you know Pastor John MacArthur has opened his Church and says all Churches must do the same thing in defiance to government.
Christians are now throwing each other under the bus.
For example some are saying that there is no such thing as a Christian who obeys the government concerning keeping their Churches closed.
Some comments are very mean spirited about this.
Christians who normally agree with each other on most points of doctrine, now look like they do not even think the other side are true Christians.
I find myself wanting to be a peace maker, but when I try I am thrown under the bus as well.

It might be time for me to take a break from social media for a while.

Tom

Tom #56307 Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:45 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
In the United States, as I have so often stated, we have The Constitution which protects all God-given rights/freedoms from government rule; both foreign and domestic. In that founding document it states in the First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Thus it makes no matter if the President, governor, mayor or any other government office or agency makes an edict denying or restricting the rights and freedoms stated therein. The government does not grant such freedoms. The people need not petition for petition to exercising any of those rights and freedoms. They are granted, according to the founders, by God Himself, and therefore as it states in the Second Amendment regarding the owning of firearms:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Now, as is true for "Christian Liberty" it is thus true for secular guaranteed rights and freedoms... they are to be exercised with wisdom and prudence. One is free to exercise one's right but it may not be conducive to do so, e.g., for the benefit of others. In the current situation which has come upon the world by the perfect providence of God, the rights and freedoms of those who profess religion, Christian or otherwise, cannot be annulled nor diminished. However it may be prudent to not exercise their right to assemble in order to not further spread COV19. This would be a personal decision of individuals. At the same time, the government; federal, state, nor local has any authority to deny that right.

Soooooooo, John MacArthur has the RIGHT to open his church because that freedom is guaranteed by the Constitution. But John MacArthur has no authority to demand that all other churches MUST follow suit. To exercise the freedom of religion and assembly or to not do so is a private, individual decision. One has the right and freedom to assemble or to not assemble. One's conscious must determine what one does.

There is no cause in this matter for any professing Christian to "throw someone under the bus". nono

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #56308 Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:03 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

I am well aware of 1st Amendment Rights and my view is very much like yours.
I also believe that MacArthur has the right to open his Church.
What I have a problem with is Christians who throw other Christians under the bus and claim that they are not true Christians for having a different understanding. I am finding this happening more and more and it is not like it is Arminians against Calvinists. It is Calvinists against Calvinist. Exactly what the enemy wants.

Tom

Tom #56310 Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:04 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
One would be hard pressed to find any justification to base the verity of one's profession of faith on the matter of whether one should open a church or to keep it closed. I could very easily see how a staunch Reconstructionist might do such a thing, but for the average professing Christian to make such an accusation would surprise me... and that's saying alot. rofl

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #56311 Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:40 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

Not sure if they were "Reconstructionists"; however I did notice one person being extremely patriotic in his profile and how he posts.

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,390 Gospel truth