The subject matter treated is the Christian's combat and crown. Oh, this blessed crown cannot be fully penciled out in its orient colors—though an archangel should take the pencil! The Roman emperors had three crowns set upon their heads. The first was of iron, the second of silver, and the third of gold. God sets three crowns upon the elect: grace, joy, and glory. What should we thirst after — but this incomprehensible bliss! If our thoughts dwelt above, we would live sweeter lives! The higher the lark flies—the sweeter it sings.
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith; henceforth is laid up for me a crown of righteousness!” 2 Timothy 4:7-8

This is the text upon which Thomas Watson preached this notable sermon. But more so, these are the words which exemplified his entire life which was a rock road indeed. He was a faithful minister of Christ and to the people under his care he gave his all for their souls.

Unless you live in a bubble this sermon is for you, Christian. smile

Read this excellent sermon now by clicking here: The Fight of Faith Crowned.

Or, for reading it at a more convenient time, visit The Highway website and click on the "Article of the Month" logo.

In His service and grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]