Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,918
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#55 Sat Sep 15, 2001 5:02 AM
GildaV Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, <br>I have an idea I'll just be settling in to this forum for awhile, cause there are A LOT more things I don't get, than those I do get.<br>What is Markup and how does one use it? I learned to use emoticons at RYM, but I know nothing about HTML or Markup.<br><br>Yesterday I edited my profile (I thought), but today I find that my password is still the one that was e-mailed to me by the board, and none of the info that I had typed in is still there. I know it's a velly dum kvestion, but where is the I-confirm-my-edit-of-my-profile button?

GildaV #56 Sat Sep 15, 2001 6:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
For info on Markup, just go to the FAQ section, scroll down a little, and it'll give you the skinny.<br><br>As to editing your profile, push the "submit" button all the way down at the bottom of the page...it sits to the immediate right of the "browse" button for uploading a personal photo.<br><br>And BTW, does anyone know what happened to the photos? I can't see any. Well, I can see mine when I go to my control panel, but that's all.<br><br>Ciao!

#57 Sat Sep 15, 2001 6:40 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Anne, <br>I'm not having a problem with the photos myself, so maybe it was a temporary glitch, I'm pretty sure that the photos are the last thing to load on a page, so maybe it might just be a slowdown on the server.<br>I'll keep an eye on things just in case. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
RefDoc #58 Sat Sep 15, 2001 6:47 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I haven't seen photos under names since I came and posted the "Best feet forward" post, at least.<br><br>All I see is the name of the user in the box to the left of the message.<br><br>Too weird.....too strange.

#59 Sat Sep 15, 2001 6:59 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Wow, that's a long time!<br>My first suggestion would be to make sure[color:blue] "View user's pictures with their posts"</font color=blue> is selected in your display preferences. If you have done that already, I'll look into it a little further.

[Linked Image]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
All the way down at the bottom of a screen I rarely view.<br><br>Both were set on "NO", though I'm confidant I never changed them.<br><br>shrug Oh, well! It's fixed now!<br><br>Thanks ever so!<br>

#61 Sat Sep 15, 2001 10:42 AM
GildaV Offline OP
OP Offline
You're a dear! Thanks also for your encouraging post back on the other forum (RYM); sorry I didn't say so then, but my time at the keyboard was extremely limited at that point in time, I probably shouldn't have even been trying to participate.
Anyway. Is this your home, the highway? You seem more at home here than over at RYM; here you seem like one of the hosts. Glad to see it!

BTW, the reason the writing right in front of me for submitting the editing didn't compute , is because it's right beside something else and seemed to refer to it. So let's tackle the something else: it says, "Browse your local hard drive for the file to upload:" then there's a button that says Sfoglia (which in italian means browse), then the submit button. What is it talking about?

Here's another question: The plebian, newbie etc. tags - are they assigned by the board, or is there a list somewhere to choose from, and plebian is just given to those who have not specified their preference?

Thanks again, Anne, talk to you soon!

Gilda

GildaV #62 Sat Sep 15, 2001 11:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
And no, I'm not a host, nor even a hostess.<br><br>I just natter on. ;-><br><br>: it says, "Browse your local hard drive for the file to upload:" then there's a button that says Sfoglia (which in italian means browse), then the submit button. What is it talking about?<br><br>That's the submit button I'm talking about! I know it's strange that it sits next to the personal photo browse button, but so it goes. That's what one pushes to save any changes made to that page.<br><br>The tags saying newbie, plebian, etc. are based upon the number of posts one has made, so far's I can tell.<br><br>Ciao!<br><br>

#63 Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:02 PM
GildaV Offline OP
OP Offline
You had explained it perfectly to me and I had "submitted" all my editing without further ado, but I was wondering what all that other jazz was about. I have just now read through the what's-new-on-this-board forum however, and I see that it's for our pictures of ourselves (by the way, you look just lovely, your husband too and you look very happy! [Linked Image]) which, if we had one of on our hard disks, we could use. That'll be in the future for me.

Ciao a te!
Gilda

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 78 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,511,125 Gospel truth