The Highway
Posted By: Anonymous Paedocommunion - Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:26 PM
I am very interested to hear your thoughts on Paedocommunion.<br><br>Also, if there are any articles to read could you let me know!<br><br>thanks
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Paedocommunion - Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:00 PM
Linda,<br><br>Briefly, my "thoughts" are, I am totally opposed to it! [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/grin.gif" alt="grin" title="grin[/img]<br><br>Here's a thread on that subject which was discussed here before: Paedocommunion Thread<br><br>
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Paedocommunion - Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:02 PM
Well, briefly I am too, but my pastor is teaching on it Sunday in the inquirers class and I have read a little about it but am really not in favor of it either.<br><br>thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Paedocommunion - Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:21 PM
Pilgrim<br><br>I did read the entire thread on this discussion, but see no real scriptural eveidence for giving infants the Lords table. My pastor also taught that we all come unworthily to the Lord' table as sinners.<br><br>What could I read maybe by one of the puritans, or even some sound teaching for one of the contemporaries?<br><br><br>
Posted By: li0scc0 Re: Paedocommunion - Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:59 PM
I believe the main issue is 1 Corinthians 11. An infant could not do the following:<br><br>1) self-examination (v. 28)<br>2) discerning of the Lord's body (v. 29)<br>3) judging ourselves (v. 31)<br><br>Steve C<br><br>
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Paedocommunion - Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:01 PM
I agree. Do you have any study per se on it?
© The Highway