The Highway
Posted By: john church in/near Salt Lake City - Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:27 PM
A job opportunity keeps surfacing near Salt Lake City. Both my wife and I have our reservations about living in Utah, but since this job opportunity keeps coming back, we are beginning to consider it. Are there any good, reformed churches in the area?

Thanks,
John
Posted By: CovenantInBlood Re: church in/near Salt Lake City - Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:40 PM
John,

Here are the only two churches I found in the area:

No Reformed Baptists or Continental Reformed that I could find. Perhaps someone will be able to come up with something more.
Posted By: Theo Re: church in/near Salt Lake City - Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:13 PM
There really don't seem to be many Reformed churches in the Salt Lake City area. Besides the two Kyle has already mentioned, I'd look at the Evangelical Free Church there (some of those can be fairly Reformed):

http://www.slcevfree.org/church/

and this one, Roy Bible Church, in Ogden, is listed on the "Founders" website so it may be a Reformed Baptist church:

http://www.roybiblechurch.com/frame.html

Theo
Posted By: john Re: church in/near Salt Lake City - Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:52 PM
Thanks Theo and Kyle,

The Christ Pres. Church looks promising. Anyway, it will still take a lot to get us there. We are just in the "thinking about it" stage right now and even if we pursue it, the job may not come through.
Posted By: John_C 5 PCA churches in Utah - Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:45 PM
I'm unsure about the suburbs of SLC which some might be in. Here is the directory for the PCA. All 5 Utah churches have website listed for you to take a look-see.

I'm only slightly familiar with one of the Patsors listed and I know nothing about the churches. I remember the Pastor as having a good reputation in the church he served in Greenville, SC. His name is Mashburn and its the first church listed by city.
Posted By: john Re: 5 PCA churches in Utah - Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:26 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for the link. I should have thought to check the PCA website to begin with.

John
Posted By: MarieP Re: church in/near Salt Lake City - Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:03 PM
I have heard great things about Christ OPC from more than one person. They were involved in helping James White and his ministry when they'd go up there for passing out tracts at Temple Square. They also sponsored some of the debates.
Posted By: James Re: church in/near Salt Lake City - Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:10 PM
We can add a Bible Church in Roy http://www.founders.org/misc/chlist/UT.html

In Christ,

James.
Posted By: john Re: church in/near Salt Lake City - Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:37 PM
MarieP said:
I have heard great things about Christ OPC from more than one person. They were involved in helping James White and his ministry when they'd go up there for passing out tracts at Temple Square. They also sponsored some of the debates.

Marie,

I agree. Of all the churches commented on, I thought this church seemed the best from reading it's webpage. It seems like a church that is very Biblically grounded.

John
© The Highway