The Highway
Posted By: John_C Stavenger, Norway - Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:51 AM
I have a good friend whose family will be moving to Stavenger, Norway in late May or early June. He is military and it is a NATO base.

What is the church situation there?
Posted By: CovenantInBlood Re: Stavenger, Norway - Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:41 PM
Afraid I can't be of much help that far afield. The established Lutheran churches in Scandinavia are dying much the same way the mainline Protestant churches in the U.S. are. There appears to be an Anglican church but I couldn't obtain any info about it. There are a couple of "conservative" Baptist churches, neither of which would be ideal.

North Sea Baptist Church: "We are conservative in theology, contemporary in worship, international in character and practical in ministry." Their doctrinal statement is the Baptist Faith & Message of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Faith Baptist Church: "We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to sinful man by grace and received solely by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. All who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. We reject all theories, philosophies, and theologies that are inconsistent with the Bible. We reject the systems of Calvinism and Arminianism. We conclude biblically that Christ died for all men and that salvation is appropriated by individual choice by faith in Jesus Christ. We reject an "unconditional election" to heaven and a predetermined sentence to Hell as being unbiblical. We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit, are the children of God, and are eternally secure."
© The Highway