Donations for the month of August

We have received a total of "$25" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,064
Posts52,499
Members948
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,803
Tom 3,842
chestnutmare 3,040
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,799
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 8
Recent Posts
1 Peter 3:15-16
by Tom. Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:49 AM
Sad Times
by Tom. Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:40 PM
"Homeschooling: A 5-Part Series" by Dr. Paul M. Elliott
by Pilgrim. Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:00 AM
Total Depravity
by Pilgrim. Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:51 AM
CH Spurgeon on Charles Finney
by Tom. Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:18 PM
He Will Never Come To Christ ~ A.W. Pink
by Rick Bates. Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:33 AM
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:28 PM The Forgiven ~ Rick Bates [by Rick Bates]

Psalm 32, verses 1 and 2, " Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. " ESV

Dear brethren, to each of us who is truly regenerate and truly converted, we are forgiven of our transgression
and our sin is covered. We are very blessed indeed! Satan would have us dwell on forgiven sin and leave us to
fret that we do not merit God's favor. Dear people, we do not merit God's favor, but because Jesus' passive and
active obedience and righteousness is imputed to our account, we are declared justified. Our transgression
is forgiven and our sin is covered because Jesus atoned for and made propitiation for our sin. We merit God's
favor only by the fact that we are clothed with the righteousness of Christ. If we do sin as a believer we look to
I John 1:9, " If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all un-
righteousness. " We have a mediator or advocate with the Father, which is Jesus as seen in I John 2:1 and 2.
Jesus mediates in behalf of believers, pleading His righteousness and propitiation on our behalf. We stand
as forgiven and God does not hold our iniquity against us. I will close this with two of my favorite verses
in Jude 24 and 25 which read, " Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you
blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ
our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. "
0 48 Read More
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:36 PM Amidst The Multitudes ~ A.W. Pink [by Rick Bates]

Amidst the multitude of supplicants who daily and hourly present their various petitions

(Arthur Pink)

The omniscience of God is an encouragement to prayer. There is no cause for fearing that the petitions of the righteous will not be heard, or that their sighs and tears shall escape the notice of God--since He knows the thoughts and intents of the heart.

There is no danger of the individual saint being overlooked amidst the multitude of supplicants who daily and hourly present their various petitions, for an infinite mind is as capable of paying the same attention to millions, as if only one individual were seeking its attention.

So too the lack of appropriate language, the inability to give expression to the deepest longing of the soul--will not jeopardize our prayers, for "It shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear" (Isaiah 65:24).

~ ~ ~ ~
1 74 Read More
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:15 AM 1 Peter 3:15-16 [by Tom]
Here is a question that I seem to get in trouble with a few Christian relatives over.
I am a person who tries to actually do what 1 Peter 3:14-16 says.
As such on occasion, especially on Facebook when some relatives share something with me, I pray about and respectfully use it to give biblical insight.
Normally, the person that shared it with me, does not reply back. However my Christian relatives often tell me not to posts things like that, because it makes them mad.
Today my niece’s husband shared something on my Facebook and I replied very respectfully my view on the matter.
My mom who is a believer, PMed me saying not to say anything about the Lord to my niece’s husband because it makes him mad.
She went onto say that my niece has been trying to witness to her husband and I am making it difficult for her. (I have only shared with him once that I remember).
When I tried to tell my mom, why I did it, she replied “whatever, forget it!”
She then a while later, phoned and told me she understands why I do what I do, but she still believes I am making makers worse.

Thoughts?
2 249 Read More
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:00 AM "Homeschooling: A 5-Part Series" by Dr. Paul M. Elliott [by Pilgrim]
You should be no stranger to the writings of Dr. Paul M. Elliott if you have followed the Article of the Month for any time over the past year or so. He is one of the few who are contemporary who is genuinely biblically grounded vs. the majority who have gone after the philosophies of the world. Is he infallible? giggle No, but he is most assuredly worthy of your consideration concerning the various topics he writes/teaches/preaches about. This month's Article of the Month I have included his excellent 5-Part series on the subject of Homeschooling. The COVID-19 scare which has so drastically curtailed public gathering of every imaginable kind, whether sports, restaurants, picnics in the park, churches and a seemingly endless list which also includes the current heated debate over whether or not the public schools should open this Fall. Many have turned to or seriously looked into homeschooling, both by secular parents as well as professing Christian parents. Personally, if I had to choose what to do with school-age children, I would opt for homeschooling without missing a beat, given the godless and anti-American indoctrination currently being taught throughout this country, and doubtless this would be equally true in nearly every other part of the world. So, what should a Christian parent know to help make this decision to homeschool their children or if they currently do homeschool their children, are they using sound biblical materials or just worldly materials passed off as being "religious"? These questions and others are addressed in this month's article. And as with any of our Article of the Month offerings, we encourage you to read with discernment and consult the Scriptures to "test the spirits" (2Cor 10:3-6; 1Jh 4:1f).

To read this month's article now, simply click this link: Homeschooling: A 5-Part Series.

Or, you can always read this article and all past articles by visiting The Highway homepage and click on the "Article of the Month" logo.

As always, discussion of this article or any other topic is encouraged in the various forums of this discussion board. grin

In His service and grace,
0 144 Read More
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:01 PM Sad Times [by Tom]
To state the obvious; these are really sad times.
As many of you know Pastor John MacArthur has opened his Church and says all Churches must do the same thing in defiance to government.
Christians are now throwing each other under the bus.
For example some are saying that there is no such thing as a Christian who obeys the government concerning keeping their Churches closed.
Some comments are very mean spirited about this.
Christians who normally agree with each other on most points of doctrine, now look like they do not even think the other side are true Christians.
I find myself wanting to be a peace maker, but when I try I am thrown under the bus as well.

It might be time for me to take a break from social media for a while.

Tom
4 454 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 55 guests, and 148 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
godrulez, Wood, David Clarke, CharlieFry, Michaelpatrick
948 Registered Users
Shout Box
August
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
1,115,488 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.060s Queries: 5 (0.027s) Memory: 2.3413 MB (Peak: 2.6036 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2020-08-15 01:36:03 UTC