Donations for the month of July

We have received a total of $0 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
lazarus
lazarus
Morgantown, WV
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,651
Posts51,289
Members928
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,471
Tom 3,485
chestnutmare 2,916
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,762
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 35
Tom 30
John_C 4
Recent Posts
Apologetics
by Tom. Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:34 AM
Learning Presuppositional Apologetics
by Tom. Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 AM
Starting Out
by ReformedDisciple. Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 AM
Is the Following Legit?
by Tom. Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:08 AM
The PCA's Slide Into the Homosexual Abyss Accelerates
by ReformedDisciple. Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:50 PM
Conspiracy?
by ReformedDisciple. Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:32 AM
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:08 AM Is the Following Legit? [by Tom]
A friend of mine (an aquantance from work), just e-mailed something to me and I am wondering if this information is legit? This person apparently has taught history classes on Parthia and a few other ancient civilizations. (the blank spots below have maps; which I did not include, because I am not sure how).

Numerous of the Apostles went to Parthia where the 3 Wisemen came from, when one checks out the history of these Wisemen. They were sent from the Royal family of Parthia Religious Court. Jewish historian Josephus said that at the time of Christ, Israelites were like the sand in the sea and the Israelites were so numerous east of the Euphrates River. Which was the border between Rome and Parthia for centuries.

Of course secular historians always play down Parthia.

Interesting that Andrew went to Sogdiana which is Bactria or part of Afghanistan.
It is recorded that King Solomon visited this area 1,000 years pervious.
Afghanistan is named after the Israel’s first King Saul grandson Afgani who was in charge of the Israelite Army under King Solomon.

Here it shows the travels of Thomas crisscrossing Parthia and Kushan Empires.

Where they came for Pentecost...

0 19 Read More
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:54 PM Starting Out [by ReformedDisciple]
If one has been a Christian for some years, but is only now falling in line to obedience and hasn't really memorized much, if any, Scripture, but already has an introductory and basic reformed theological understanding (enough to know WHAT and HOW he believes, and enough to generally explain to others), where would such a one best start in Scriptural memorization and study? This one's desire is to become an apologist, theologian and pastor.... and is 31 yrs. old with no college and needs to get busy flee

Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions and/or advice? help
18 522 Read More
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:14 PM Apologetics [by ReformedDisciple]
What verses would I refer to when those who's response to my explaining and expounding upon scripture or doctrine is "that's your (or if I'm citing, "someone's") opinion" and proceed to recite John 14:26 or verses similar?
18 600 Read More
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:13 AM Learning Presuppositional Apologetics [by Tom]
For many years I have believed in Presuppositional Apologetics; basically because as Romans 1:18 says all know God, but suppress the truth in unrighteousness and that is where I believe we should start when it comes to apologetics. I also believe our world view determines how we view evidence and therefore I have lost the moment I try to take a neutral stand with someone who suppresses the truth in unrighteousness. Neutrality is a myth, so trying to take a neutral stand is conceding defeat; because I have actually stepped out of my world view and into theirs.
One of my biggest problems however in being good at Presuppositional Apologetics is because in examining some examples, i.e. debates, blogs, etc… many of their arguments go right over my head and I end up not being comfortable in using the methods.
I also know from reading some blogs, that I am definitely not alone in this. That of course doesn’t mean that I don’t share the Gospel when I have the opportunity; for indeed sometimes I need to use wisdom and learn not to say anything at all.
I recently watched a video on apologetics that I found was helpful to me. Therefore, just in case there are people reading this, who get confused with some of the methods used by Presuppositionalists I am posting a link to the video.
I for one, watched it right through in one seating and found him to be very clear and fairly easy to understand. I plan on watching it again, in the not so distant future.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CvRy6AjeyLc

Tom
12 339 Read More
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:59 AM David and Bathsheba question [by Tom]
Here is a question related to David and Bathsheba.
The text is quite clear that David used his authority as king to fulfill his lust. Thinking further however, is there any indication from the text itself that Bathsheba was an innocent victim in the matter?
As I read the text, unless I missed it I see no indication that she resisted his advances. However, some say when Nathan confronted David he likened Bathesheba to a Ewe lamb to the slaughter. They go on to say, in Nathan’s story, both Bathsheba and her husband were depicted as completely innocent while David alone was “the man”. (2 Sam. 12:1-4)
Thoughts?

Tom
1 170 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Meta4), 26 guests, and 103 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Movinforward86, Micki Bowman, Nigel J, wischnotes, Dutch Michael
928 Registered Users
Shout Box
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
779,417 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.059s Queries: 5 (0.026s) Memory: 2.3367 MB (Peak: 2.6038 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-07-21 00:16:24 UTC