Donations for the month of July

We have received a total of "$200" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,228
Posts53,051
Members962
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,983
Tom 3,995
chestnutmare 3,063
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,814
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 19
Robin 16
Tom 10
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Mandatory Vaccines
by Pilgrim. Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:13 PM
Lying to save a life
by Pilgrim. Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:46 PM
The Imperativeness of the New Birth ~ A.W. Pink
by Rick Bates. Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:48 PM
What if...
by Pilgrim. Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:25 AM
Augustine or Athanasius
by Pilgrim. Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:40 PM
Covenant child
by Pilgrim. Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:02 AM
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:15 PM Lying to save a life [by Tom]
With the way things are going in society, it could
very well become like it was during WW11, where for example in Holland
some Dutch people such as the Ten-Boons hid Jews in
their attic.

Recently I was having a conversation with a good friend and others about this
and he said that he would not hesitate to hide some and lie
If it meant it would save their someone’s life.
When I said that I understand that sentiment, but a lie is a lie and their is no case
in Scripture that says it is ok to lie period.

They were shocked at me when I said this, and said Rahab is a good
example of when it is ok to lie when she protected the Jewish spies.
They went onto say that you can not separate Rahab’s lie from her faith.

I said let me just say that I pray I am not sure what I would do
In a situation like that. I pray I never need to find out.

Their response is that it if I did not lie, I would be complicit in their murders.
Even if lying to protect someone’s life is a sin, like any sin, in 1 John 1:9, when
we confess to God our sins, God will forgive us.
In their attempt to prove me wrong they found an article by John MacArthur, and
were equally as shocked at him.
According to them, MacArthur says that there are no valid excuses
for lying, even if it is to save someone’s life.
MacArthur went onto say that those who disagree are just a product of society.

My Reformed friend said, that in a case like that, he could live with himself if
lie saved someone’s life. Whereas if he told the truth and it cost someone’s life,
He could never live with himself.

Any thoughts?
5 58 Read More
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:48 PM The Imperativeness of the New Birth ~ A.W. Pink [by Rick Bates]

"You must be born again!" John 3:7

The imperativeness of the new birth is evident from the fact that man is a fallen creature. Originally he was made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26), fitted to enjoy fellowship with Him. But upon his apostasy, he . . .
was alienated from his Maker,
became unsuited unto the Holy One,
and fled from Him.

The natural man is . . .
totally depraved,
a slave of Satan,
dead in sin,
and, therefore, it is no marvel that he needs to be born again.

He is devoid of . . .
any love to God,
any delight in Him,
any relish for heavenly things,
any ability to perform spiritual acts.

A miracle of grace, then, must be wrought upon him before he is qualified to enter the Father's house. Heaven is a prepared place for a prepared people--for those who have been made "fit to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light" (Colossians 1:12), for without holiness no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

An unregenerated person would be entirely out of harmony with the ineffable purity of the celestial courts, and could no more enjoy their company and activities, than could a deaf man enjoy an oratorio, or a blind man enjoy the beauties of an exquisite sunset. A spiritual kingdom requires a spiritual nature, and in order to the acquisition of that, the natural man must be regenerated--divinely regenerated, for the creature can no more quicken himself than he could give himself a natural being.

Regeneration is no . . .
mere outward reformation,
process of education, or
even religious cultivation.
No, it consists of a radical change of heart and transformation of character--the communication of a gracious and holy principle, producing new desires, new capacities, and a new life. Then, do not marvel that in order thereto, a man must be born from above.
0 36 Read More
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:03 AM Mandatory Vaccines [by Tom]
It is beginning to look more and more like Covid vaccines are going to become absolutely mandatory in the near future. Already, in the health care profession, in many places such as B.C. Canada the government is considering seriously about forcing all health care worker to take the vaccine.

The borders between Canada and the US are opening up soon to all fully vaccinated people and they make it sound like this is a permanent thing.
I read a newspaper article today from the head doctor in B.C today, that claims the variants such as the Delta Virus, makes it absolutely mandatory that non-vaccinated people get vaccinated soon, or the variants will be out of control.
I have a good reason to suspect these government and health officials have an agenda and I do not trust them at all.

I am hearing other rumblings that, they may be coming down hard on those who will not get vaccinated; even to the point of jail time, or forced vaccination. All ready, many people I know even n Churches are trying to guilt people who have yet to receive the vaccine. Family members turning against other family members who have not received the vaccine.

My question is, what should we do if our convictions say we should not get the vaccine, especially if it becomes mandatory and vaccinated family members treat unvaccinated like criminals?

Tom
9 288 Read More
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:48 AM Covenant child [by John_C]
Would someone be considered to be a covenant child if both parents were unbelievers, but they were baptized in a Reformed church?
1 121 Read More
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:54 PM Augustine or Athanasius [by John_C]
I always thought Augustine would be the greatest theologian in the first millennium of the church, but now not so sure. Maybe Athanasius should be given that claim. Without his efforts in the Nicaea Council, we may not have our understanding of the Trinity. Plus he was the first to acknowledge the 27 NT books in the canon. I see Augustine as an well-rounded, overall excellent theologian, but did he face as much obstacles as Athanasius?
1 126 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 63 guests, and 43 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
winslowlady, Zach, Daverogk, Dani, timothywhite
962 Registered Users
Shout Box
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
1,272,298 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.095s Queries: 5 (0.063s) Memory: 2.3288 MB (Peak: 2.6055 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2021-07-27 12:25:39 UTC