Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of $130 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,393
Tom 3,416
chestnutmare 2,904
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,750
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,059
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 20
Pilgrim 17
Recent Posts
USA Border Crossings
by Pilgrim. Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:44 PM
Canadian Radio Host Fired for Appearing on FOX News
by Pilgrim. Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:48 AM
A study of the Heidelberg Catechism
by chestnutmare. Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:57 AM
Reformed Confessions of Faith and the Traditional Text
by Dutch Michael. Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:02 PM
Is your conversion genuine?
by Pilgrim. Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:46 AM
The Importance of the Church
by Dutch Michael. Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:27 AM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Forum
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tom
Apparently an American imigration lawyer is advising Canada that if asked by a border agent if you have ever smoked pot, don't say anything. You are not required to answer the question. It is not lieing not answering.
I am not so sure, it is not lieing.

Giving no answer is most definitely NOT lying. Now, depending upon the border guard you get, not answering albeit it is within the law, it could cause you some delay, e.g., having you pull your car over and wait inside for someone to further "interrogate" you, just to create an inconvenience to you. I have been through that particular crossing in the video; Blaine, WA, many times. The Canadian side gave me more hassle than the U.S. side. I was hassled one time by a U.S. border guard because I didn't know the name of the town I was going to. All I knew was I was going to FedEx giggle He was really upset that I didn't know the name of the town/city and kept badgering me for about 15 minutes before he finally let me cross.
5 110 Read More
Open Forum
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:48 AM
I'm not surprised... IF... that is factually true. And if it is true, Alberta has gone the way of the rest of Canada in a short time. I remember when I was still living in B.C. and the Canadian Supreme Court ruled that gay marriage was legal and to oppose it would be considered a punishable crime, Alberta under the leadership of Ralph Kline, refused to acknowledge this immoral decision. Kline said he wasn't concerned that the federal government would begin withholding healthcare funds if they didn't comply because Alberta had rich oil deposits which would more than provide the monies withheld. However, within about 6 months? (can't remember exactly how long giggle) Kline caved in under pressure from many sources and Alberta complied with the new 'law'. Who knows what the next social issue battle will be in Canada? Is there anything left that isn't prohibited either legally or by social conscience? The U.S. isn't far behind and perhaps it will catch up to Canada and even pass it by in the next several years if things continue as they are now; a well organized and popular movement to tear down any and every moral principle upon which the country was originally founded. If the Liberals (Democrats) succeed in gaining the majority in Congress and/or the Senate and then have a Liberal president, things will change dramatically and very quickly in this country. I have little doubt that IF that happens, there is a more than a possibility that civil war will result. With this last mass school shooting in Florida the Liberals as expected grab the opportunity to push for gun control and even so far as confiscation of ALL guns from all citizens, except military and police. The news media is helping to spread blatant misinformation and rank lies about firearms, firearm deaths, etc., etc., ad nauseum in order to take advantage of the general ignorance of many who don't own firearms and only get their 'news' from the main street media and encourage them to support their efforts to eventually remove all firearms from citizens which they say would totally eliminate all murders. igiveup

[Linked Image] that ain't gonna happen. Gun saies, and in particular AR type weapons have gone ballistic, hehe, over the past few weeks. A friend of ours who has a small gun store sold 37 ARs in 3 days a couple weeks ago and sales are still strong due to the possibility that many/all semi-automatic rifles might be banned in some states and "large capacity" magazines (anything over 10 rounds) will be banned and prohibited from manufacture and/or from being sold in some states. FYI, there are some states where these type of laws are already in place, e.g., Connecticutt, California, New York, New Jersey and a few others.
2 142 Read More
Theology Discussion Forum
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:57 PM
Sorry, it has taken so long to get this discussion started. I lost my job and started a new home business so things have been quite busy and hectic for a while. So that said, perhaps we can now turn our attention to what I hope will be a study and discussion that will benefit all who are willing to participate.

May I point out that we have a section given to Creeds, Confessions and Catechisms and in that section, you will find the entire Heidelberg Catechism together with its commentary written by Zacharias Ursinus. This is a very important resource for this study and I would encourage you to begin by reading through the first section which is a brief history of the Catechism.

We will begin with a consideration of Question 1 and 2 of the Heidelberg which you will find a link for in this section. Note, the commentary follows along with each question throughout the Heidelberg forum.

Additionally, we have also provided a sermon by Rev. G.H. Kersten Lord's Day 1—Question 1 on this section of the Catechism which I hope you will read as well. I personally loved it and found it to be of much benefit.

Something I hope that you will consider as you examine this first question is, who do you think is the Heidelberg actually addressing? Hint: the authors state their intended readership but given the way this first question and answer are phrased, who is it that this question should actually be addressed to?
6 1,206 Read More
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:57 PM
Yes Tom better to stand alone with the truth than with a multitude in error. I grew up in the Roman Church and I am really for the most part the only one in my extended family that came out of the Roman Antichrist. I have one cousin that came out into a Fundamentalist Baptist Church that has now dropped Baptist from their name .All those who live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. I praise God that you have found a sound biblical congregation to worship with.
7 3,179 Read More
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:02 PM
This issue of Textual criticism and manuscripts just makes my head spin. There is so much information out there on both sides.
10 1,299 Read More
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:46 AM
Scripture surely is the first and most important place to seek the truth of God, particularly in the specifics of salvation; regeneration, conversion, sanctification, etc. Having said that, God has been gracious and wise to raise up some men throughout history and bestow upon them an unusual degree of knowledge and wisdom of the things of God. More so, I and many others albeit few in comparison to the whole, believe that a large portion of the Puritans were such a group and therefore one would find much benefit in reading their writings (cf. Why Read the Puritans Today?).

Here are some links to relevant articles written by men who loved God by the work of the Spirit and exhibited that necessary fruit of conversion:
- Mistakes About Conversion by Joseph Alleine
- Regeneration and Conversion by Samuel Hopkins
- Marks of a True Conversions by George Whitefield
- Letter to a New Convert by Jonathan Edwards

[Linked Image]
2 1,065 Read More
Open Forum
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:27 AM
Will do brother. I pray that God will use you to influence him to see the importance of the church.
3 538 Read More
Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Dutch Michael
Would they also object to one baptism for the remission of sins as teaching baptismal regeneration?

I have no idea what they would think about that.

6 996 Read More
TESTING! 1, 2, 3 . . .
Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:01 AM
Trying to get familiar with the forum
1 510 Read More
Open Forum
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:11 AM
That might be a good idea. grin

I would like to clarify something I wrote in case someone is confused by it. Above I wrote, "There is but only ONE faith which brings salvation from justification through sanctification to glorification for all eternity.". It is true in every language and it is certainly true in the language(s) of Scripture, that words may have and often do have different meanings depending upon the context. I mentioned this too in regard to the word 'justify'. The same is true for the word 'faith'. For example, there is a true saving faith, there are myriad false faiths, faith can mean doctrinal standards (cf. Jude 1:3), etc. Now, the faith that justifies which Paul certainly wrote much about, even more than any other of the biblical writers, is the same which James wrote about, i.e., the faith which justifies. The difference between Paul and James is NOT in regard to 'faith', but rather how they use the word 'justify'. Paul most everywhere focused upon faith as the instrument that brings one in union with Christ, being reconciled to God by the instrument of faith resting upon the person of the Lord Jesus Christ and consequently His righteousness being imputed to the believers account. James, on the other hand, again has the very same faith in mind, but he focused upon the fullness, the evidence of that faith, i.e., James in his second chapter was writing about sanctification, which is evidence of one possessing saving faith. Looking at this from another perspective, James was simply saying, one is warranted to claim to be a believer and one can be recognized and received as being a believer, i.e. as James actually wrote, "
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
". James is arguing against "Easy Believism" (and some of you think this started with Charles Finney and/or Robert Sandeman), which is perspicuously wrong when one reads the CONTEXT of what precedes verse 24 of chapter 2. James focused upon the expected expression of a true saving faith, which is evidenced in how a person lives and is thus 'justified' by their profession of faith. A person is excommunicated because their life is not consistent with their profession of faith, i.e., their profession to have believed upon Christ and thus they are justified, is contrary to what they believe doctrinally and/or how they live and therefore they are not justified is claiming to be a true believer.
11 900 Read More
What's New on The Highway website?
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:36 AM
Relativism is the general malaise of our time. It has influenced the world to the extent that an increasing percentage of our best-educated populace is willing to hold that there are no absolutes. The evangelical church has been influenced by the relativism of our age as well. While the church has fought against relativism in the area of morals, we have neglected the same fight in the area of aesthetics: we have come to accept the modernist position that beauty is purely a matter of personal preference. The result is a failure to fully understand what it means to be human, and a poverty in our souls.

Without recourse to past thinkers and old books, we might forget that there ever was a time that Christians held to objective standards of beauty.

I thought it would be prudent to return to the matter of Christian worship with a focus upon music. Why? Because what some thought to be a passing fad, it has become painfully obvious that things have continued to worsen in the visible church in myriad ways and especially its so-called 'worship'. There have been myriad arguments offered throughout the years in an effort to expose man-made worship and convince those who defend it that a return to biblical worship is most necessary. Most of those arguments have fallen upon deaf ears because those who have rejected biblical worship and the Regulative Principle, say in essence, that the only 'principle' that matters is your own personal taste, what works for you, what makes you feel uplifted, etc. In short, like most other egregious practices in the modern church, relativism lies at the root. A couple of the more humorous quips one often hears are, "There are no absolutes", which of course is an absolute statement. And the other is, "The only thing that is absolute is relativity", which again is a blatant contradiction on its face.

So, Mr. Hodges has given us an article which deals directly with one of the characteristics of music, which can also be applied to a host of other things, namely BEAUTY. And he argues, convincingly I believe, that beauty is NOT in the eye of the beholder, but rather beauty can and should be looked at objectively vs. subjectively, i.e., beauty once rightly defined objectively can be seen as something which is absolute and not relative with no definitive meaning. I would like to believe that there are many who read the Article of the Month submissions will find a pleasant note in what Mason Hodges put to pen. And perhaps those who find the article a bit dissonant, they will consider the actual argument and by God's grace and the Spirit's influence, discard the world's philosophy and return to the beauty of God's worship as set forth in Scripture.

You can go directly to this month's article by clicking here: Beauty Revisited.

You can also find this article in the Calvinism and the Reformed Faith section of The Highway and in the "Ecclesiology" sub-section under "Music".

In His service and grace,
0 385 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 18 guests, and 103 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dutch Michael, Ray, robertolang, SmallFry, drewk
925 Registered Users
Shout Box
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
717,846 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.036s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4393 MB (Peak: 2.6293 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-03-22 01:56:19 UTC