Hi Mercedes,<br><br>I liked that quote corrie Ten boom. I've never heard of the name. Who is he?<br><br>Here's some good quotes from JI packer's Introduction to John Owen's Death of Death -<br><br>"Where the Arminian says, 'I owe my election to my faith', the Calvinist says, 'I owe my faith to my election."<br><br>Where the Arminian will only say; 'I could not have gained my salvation without Calvary', the Calvinist will say, 'Christ gained my salvation for me at Calvary.<br><br>Where the Arminian, therefore, will be content to say, 'l decided for Christ', 'l made up my mind to be a Christian,' the Calvinist will wish to speak of his conversion in more theological fashion, to make plain whose work it really was:<br>Long my imprisoned spirit lay <br>Fast bound in sin and nature's night: <br>Thine eye diffused a quickening ray; <br>I woke; the dungeon flamed with light; <br>My chains fell off : my heart was free: <br>I rose, went forth, and followed thee.5<br><br><br><br><br>Carlos

"Let all that mind...the peace and comfort of their own souls, wholly apply themselves to the study of Jesus Christ, and him crucified"(Flavel)