My Dear Young Brother,

I have read your posts with interest, and whilst disagreeing with the argument you have put forward, I sympathise with you, because I once stood where it may be, you now stand. As a young(er) man, I like you was busy in the Lord's work, anxious to see His Name glorified and His kingdom extended. But I fear that I had a '..zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.'(Rom.10:2)

Over the years, in His love and grace, God has shown me that I loved myself and His work, much more than I loved Him.He has caused me to really believe in my heart that which I always knew in my head,
"... we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." (Isa 64:6)

and

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (Joh 15:5)

And so, Kalled, I have come to the place where, although I realise that God can glorify Himself and save souls in spite of my error, the desire of my heart is to love HIM FIRST, and to obey His commandments, as He has said to us,
"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." (Joh 14:21)

He will have His work done in His way. And surely if we believe that salvation is altogether His work, then we would never want it otherwise! Could He, perhaps be wanting you to learn this lesson? I write, "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus." (Phi 3:12)

Kalled, there is no greater joy or peace that we can experience, than to seek to glorify Him and do His work,out of a heart filled with love for Him alone.

If not already, may that be your experience today, and always.

Yours in Him,
Brian.

Last edited by Saved_n_kept; Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:38 AM.