gnarley,

If you are implying that I am to better known as a friend to "Hollywood, The liberal media, The political liberals, the Sodomite(s), along with our mainline church crowd who have long ago left any semblance of Christian orthodoxy . . ." because I stand opposed to the movie on solid biblical ground, then that would surely make for strange "bedfellows"! For my and so many others of like mind, who oppose this movie have little if anything in common with the reasons those other base groups have. Isn't this nothing more than a fallacious "guilt by association"?

Trust me... the Roman Catholic imagery objections to this movie, which have been voiced by some, and I believe with ample justification, are but ancillary and not the basis for my own objections. Surely, you have read at least some of my personal reasons which I have written in the myriad threads here? In not one of them will you find a reference to the Roman State Church. But, just in case you have not availed yourself of any of these other threads, let me very briefly summarize my total rejection of this movie:
  • It is a direct violation of the Second Commandment of God.
  • It is a clear violation of the Chalcedon Creed; i.e., Nestorianism.
  • It obviates the perfect active obedience of Christ which is imputed to believers.
  • It focuses upon the physical suffering of crucifixion, some of which is fabricated and from dubious sources.
  • If fails to communicate the true reason for Christ's crucifixion; i.e., the means by which God ordained for the redemption of sinners.

You pleaded thusly:
I would suggest, that for two hours, all on this forum would force them selves to view it---and do so as Bereans, opening up their minds with as little prejudicial presupposition as possible.
Given my reasons above, you are wanting me to deliberately transgress, at least by duplicity, the Second Commandment of God? Allow a display of Nestorian heresy to enter into my mind and effect my affections? Render to the "gods" of Hollywood, agents of the Devil money, which God requires that I be a good steward? And lastly, violate my conscience to somehow satisfy some novel notion that this film is beneficial to my soul? May it never be, D.v. The fact is, I AM being a "Berean", of whom wrote:

Acts 17:11 (ASV) "Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of the mind, examining the Scriptures daily, whether these things were so."
In other words, it is far more noble to "examine the Scriptures" than it is to go see a movie which one knows is blasphemous to find the truth of God.

1 John 2:16 (KJV) "For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world."

In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]