Averagefellar,<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"]I am Reformed Episcopal, and even RECUSA. I'll need an explanation as to "evangelical".</font><hr></blockquote><p>Evangelical means to present the Gospel of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ. A church that emphasizes faith in the atonement of Jesus makes it very clear that the Gospel is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes. <br><br>William Webster writes:<blockquote>The Church and our culture are in great need of revival. If we long to see it happen we must stand against the legalism of Rome and the easy-believism of much of evangelicalism and return to the proclamation of the biblical and Reformation gospel. The Reformers preached the gospel. They were bold and uncompromising and witnessed the power of God in great revival. Wherever the true gospel is preached and given its place of primacy and priority, wonderful transformations occur in the lives of individuals. We need a new Reformation today — a return to the biblical gospel message and a commitment to its proclamation in the power of the Holy Spirit. Paul’s words are as true today as when he first penned them:<br><br>The Gospel is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes.</blockquote>Is your church evangelical?<br><br><br>Wes<br><br>

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died, my richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. - Isaac Watts