Elijah did not proclaim the gospel in the same way we would today, but the key phrase is “follow Him” in 1 Kings 18:21

Though MANY may have followed God unto salvation where is your Scriptural evidence that ALL did? You failed to see the national-covenantal structure of what was happening here. A general reading of the rest of the O.T. reveals what? I would suggest reading the rest of the O.T. to see if in fact ANYONE did fall. Your definitive statement: ‘I assume that no one fell’ is contrary to Scripture.

Your assertion of ‘Spiritual Equipoise’ is a false doctrine. By your philosophy they ALL entered into Spiritual Equipoise and then SOME denied Christ. Thus you deny the doctrines of Irrisistible Grace, Salvation by Grace alone, etc.

That’s the first time I have seen that definition. Your definition seems to be totally subjective. You did not mention any essential doctrines such as the Trinity that non-heretics hold.

This is the first time that I have seen an embracement of orthodoxy that did not accept salvation as an essential doctrine! We ‘still’ consider salvation an essential doctrine of the faith. One who asserts and teaches salvation by works embraces false doctrine! igiveup

Titus 3:7-11 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Reformed and Always Reforming,