Kyle wrote:
No, Ted, it isn't. The question was whether we are commanded, as Christians, to give a tenth part our income to the church. "Yes" or "no" suffice as basic answers. From there you could make your scriptural argument.

I wrote, in my very first post,
I would respectfully submit that the question you ask doesn't get to the heart of what the Bible teaches. A simple answer would be, "No, we are required to give everything we have, but only after we've given our hearts to God."

In a subsequent post, I wrote:
The original question, "Are Christians mandated to tithe? That is to give a tenth of their goods to the church?" is, in regard to justification, a simple "no." There is NOTHING we can do to be justified before God (short of keeping ALL the Law -- which we know is impossible!).

So, it would appear, that the "no" has been plainly stated.

Let's look at it from a different angle, my brother. Which of the "fruits of the Spirit" have you been displaying to me in the process of our "discussion?"

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. - Galatians 5:22-24 ESV

I'm glad you can quote the Bible, Ted. But going by that I'd have to assume you are a Judaizer and therefore a heretic. Why don't you answer my questions? Are we obligated to obey the ceremonial and civil ordinances of the Mosaic law?

--------------------
By His Grace,
Kyle

Respectfully submitted with the best interests of your soul,
Ted