Tom, I found a couple of places in his sermons where Spurgeon says the church needs to be reformed but I also found a place where he says that the Baptist church never had an alliance with Rome and has never needed to be reformed. So there are some Baptist and I think Spurgeon who believe that Calvinistic Baptist's were never part of the Reformation but received the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. (Jude 1:3)
Were the Catholics the only ones the Church needed reform from? Baptists went through a lot of reform. A Primer on Baptist History.

In addition, you may enjoy these quotes by Spurgeon;

A Reformation is as much needed now as in Luther's day, and by God's grace we shall have it, if we trust in Him and publish His truth. The cry is 'overturn, overturn, overturn,' till He shall come whose right is! Reader are you doing service in the Lord's war, which He is now waging? You know the errors of Rome, are you doing anything to withstand them? (The Sword and the Trowel, March 1866)

Essence of lies, and quintessence of blasphemy, as the religion of Rome is, it nevertheless fascinates a certain order of Protestants, of whom we fear it may be truly said that they have received a strong delusion to believe a lie, that they may be damned. Seeing that it is so, it becomes all who would preserve their fellow - immortals from destruction to be plain and earnest in their warnings. Not in a party-spirit, but for truth's sake, our Protestantism must protest perpetually. (The Sword and the Trowel, January, 1873)

Reformed and Always Reforming,