I see what you are saying, but I don't agree fully. Here is a quote from St. Augustine's "On Christian Doctrine" <blockquote>[color:purple]If those who are called philosophers, especially the platonists, have said things which are indeed true and are well accomodated to our faith, they should not be feared; rather, what they have said should be taken from them as from unjust posessors and converted to our use. Just as the Egyptians had not only idols and grave burdens which the people of Israel detested and avoided, so also they had vases and ornaments of Gold and silver and clothing which the Israelites took with them secretly when they fled, as if to put them to a better use. They did not do this on their own authority but at God's commandment, while the Egyptians unwittingly supplied them with things which they themselves did not use well. In the same way all the teachings of the pagans contain not only simulated and superstitous imaginings and grave burdens of unnecessary labor, which each one of us leaving the society of pagans under the leadership of Christ ought to abominate and avoid, but also liberal disciplines more suited to the uses of truth, and some most useful precepts concerning morals. Even some truths concerning the worship of one God are discovered among them...When the Christian seperates himself from their miserable society, he should take this treasure with him for the just use of teaching the gospel.</font color=purple> (2.40.60)</blockquote>Now this does pertain to teaching, but I think we can apply it to music as well. If something is suitable to the preaching of the gospel, then why shy away from it? Man invented the internet but the internet is not all bad. Man invented the car but the car is not all bad. Man invented the airplane but the airplane is not bad. What's bad is some of the people who use those things. <br><br>In that same book, Augustine talks about how some things are to be used, some enjoyed, and some used and enjoyed. And those things which are enjoyed are to be enjoyed in that they glorify God. What glorifies God is the heart behind the music. Take some hymns for example. Some of our hymns were written to the music of secular songs. I am not sure what ones exactly, but that is just something I have heard. And some of the hymns by the Wesleys, if I am not mistaken, were written before he was saved. So those hymns should not be sung even if the lyrics are totally true to the Bible, if we say everything made by man is bad. <br><br>I believe that Christian men can lay hold of some things of this world and use them to bring the truth of the gospel to people who are dead in sin. A preacher standing before a room of punk teenagers is not going to be well accepted and may even cause all of those people to leave. But a band of people who are on their level, preaching to them in words they can understand and accepting them in hopes that God may save some...that is a biblical mindset. As Paul says, <blockquote>[color:blue]To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.</font color=blue> (1 Corinthians 9:22 NASB)</blockquote>I think that some things are a matter of conscience. As, again, Paul says, <blockquote>[color:blue]But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.</font color=blue> (Romans 14:23 NASB)</blockquote>Just my 2 cents.<br>