I still have a problem with what was quoted, now I must admit I don't have it in full context. I grasp the forensic idea, but the forensic idea is that we have been absolved of all guilt in the matter of sin, it isn't as though we always obeyed except in semantics. Our acceptance before God is Christ's righteousness, His perfect obedience which atoned for our sin. That is what makes us acceptable to God. Why are we counted righteous today? Not because of the impution of Christ's righteousness, unless He keeps reimputing it since we all sin daily, but because our lives are hidden in Christ, He still is and continues to be our hope and salvation, He is our righteousness. What Jerry said is almost as though we didn't need Christ anymore, since we are already perfect we can discard the sacrifice! We need Christ day by day. I believe in eternity, we will still be aware of our previous rebellion against God, that it is only Christ who makes us acceptable to God the Father, and that we will be just as dependent on His righteousness through eternity as we are for our breath on earth today. I may not be communicating this very well, what I am trying to say in effect is that we have only been made clean, not equal to Christ in obedience. We will forever be dependent on Christ's righteousness to the praise of His Holy Name! Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!! Rev. 5:12

Hisalone
Matt. 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. KJV