Meredith Kline when he was a professor at Westminster Theological Seminary, Escondido, CA made this subject popular. It is currently under 'investigation' after many years by the OPC General Assembly via "committee". Many find it without merit and even heretical due to its stand on "merit", i.e., earned favor by God for Israel's/individual's obedience to something required and/or a promise. Those opposed rightly, IMO, believe that anything given by God is based upon His good pleasure and Unmerited favor... NOT by any works of man. There are many other contentious aspects to this "Two Kingdom View" as well which are being looked at. However, as has been the case with the OPC, such matters are rarely resolved but simply allowed to continue without any real disciple brought forth. For example, the OPC in dealing with the biblical narrative of creation, which the overwhelming majority of scholars and everyday believers understood as being historical, i.e., God created all things within the span of 6 24-hour solar days. But some have posited various theories that contradict that belief, e.g., the Framework Theory, Theistic Evolution, etc., etc., ad nauseam. That too went before the OPC General Assembly and after several years, it was decided that ALL such views are consistent with the "Standards"; WCF, WSC, WLC and the Book of Church Order and thus any/all of them can be freely taught and believed. drop In short, I expect that a similar resolution, if one would desire to call it that, will be forthcoming and thus, The "Two Kingdom" view will join the ranks of antithetical views which are nonetheless compatible. igiveup

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]