Originally Posted by ATulipNotADaisy
Isn't this quote essentially saying the same thing? "I am considered NOT GUILTY IN CHRIST. That is called Justice."
Dunno... giggle But I'm going to be picky on this one. I like Luther's statement and one of the by-words of the Reformation: "simul iustus et peccatore", i.e., "at the same time justified and sinner". I don't want to in any way to distort the doctrine of IMPUTATION as taught in the Scriptures. The Lord Christ had our guilt imputed to Him and Christ's perfect righteousness is imputed to us. As I stated above, we are judged guilty and sentenced to eternal damnation at conception. The active obedience of Christ is accredited to us and His passive obedience (death) fulfills our condemnation = vicarious substitutionary atonement. As Paul exclaimed, "I have been crucified with Christ..." (Gal 2:20). Yes, God looks upon the redeemed sinner as perfectly righteous in regard to the law since the law's demands have been totally satisfied; justice was fulfilled in Him in our behalf. THAT is why I have problems with "considered NOT GUILTY IN CHRIST". Because justice was satisfied, the demands of the law no longer apply and thus being "not guilty" is, in my opinion, not applicable. Am I clear on this as far as my view is concerned? scratch1

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]