Like many Reformed Christians I have read the exchange between Pelagius and Augustine and how it is related to Original Sin.

I however have not run into the understanding of Original Sin that was recently told to me in a discussion on the subject.
I was hoping I could get some feedback from some who are more knowledgeable than me.

though not catholic myself I take the Catholic view of original sin, and in these particular areas, because there understanding is more faithful to scripture, and the views of Augustine and the church fathers.

It’s neither arminian or reformed, but often affirm different aspects of both of them.

As Augustine himself indicted “God created us without us: but he did not will to save us without us."

So a faithful understanding of Augustine and original sin In relationship to him, can’t be said to imply that original sin damaged our will in such a way, than man can not will to be saved, to repent, etc..

The will posses such a power, is a requirement for both salvation and damnation. Even if it alone neither saves or damns

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Thu May 12, 2022 10:17 AM.