I Corinthians 2:1-16<br><br>1 And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. <br>2 For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. <br>3 I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, <br>4 and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, <br>5 so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God. <br>6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; <br>7 but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; <br>8 the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory; <br>9 but just as it is written,<br> "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD,<br> AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN,<br> ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM." <br>10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. <br>11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. <br>12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, <br>13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. <br>14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. <br>15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. <br>16 For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ. <br><br><br>From Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible<br><br>http://bible.crosswalk.com/Commenta...mhc-com.cgi?book=1co&chapter=002

True godliness is a sincere feeling which loves God as Father as much as it fears and reverences Him as Lord, embraces His righteousness, and dreads offending Him worse than death~ Calvin